NextEra Energy Sr Energy Solutions Specialist in Naples, Florida
Sr Energy Solutions Specialist
Date:Jan 12, 2021
Primary Location:Naples, FL, US, 34102
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 49791
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) is the largest rate regulated utility company in the United States serving more than five million customer accounts across the state of Florida. FPL is a subsidiary of NextEra Energy, Inc., headquartered in Juno Beach, FL, a clean energy company widely recognized for its efforts in sustainability, ethics and diversity. Florida Power & Light Company’s Customer Solutions & Field Experience Department is seeking a Sr. Energy Solutions Specialist to join their team. This position can be filled at any one of our facilities located in Punta Gorda, Fort Myers or Naples, FL. A candidate with a Bachelor’s Degree is highly preferred.
We look forward to taking your career to the next level!
Employees in this role perform commercial business energy assessments and provide a customized energy management plan that provides specific solutions to energy related issues and promotes products and services through a consultative sales process. This role maintains extensive knowledge of technical products and energy efficiency programs. Employees perform other technical field activities such as investigation and resolution of demand response customer claims and complex billing issues. Job Duties & Responsibilities
Under general supervision:
- Provides solutions for improving the efficiency of complex commercial building systems by presenting project costs and savings in order to implement energy savings plan and achieve sales
- Performs commercial energy assessments to educate customers, solve energy related issues and promote products and value added services.
- Conducts on-site verification of residential and commercial Demand Side Management (DSM) , Solar and energy conservation programs
- Participates in community outreach and media relations activities and is required to be on-call nights and weekends at various times during the year
- Verifies technical Contractor installations to ensure compliance with FPL’s standards and procedures
- Creates and delivers presentations to internal/external audiences and serves as community ambassador in support of enterprise level initiatives
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Experience: 3+ years
- Valid Driver’s License (NON CDL)
Employee Group: Non Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Customer Service Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Naples, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs