NextEra Energy Power Delivery Engineering Intern (DSBN Naples) in Naples, Florida
Power Delivery Engineering Intern (DSBN Naples)
Date:Oct 4, 2018
Primary Location:Naples, FL, US, 34102
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 27571
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description We’ve been ‘Changing the Current’ and transforming our business for the better. Our team is the best in the industry and along with the investments we’ve made in our infrastructure, we have realized remarkable achievements. By 2020, we have the opportunity to build the smartest and strongest infrastructure, going above and beyond to improve our customers’ lives. Together, we will make a difference and build powerful connections every day.
Join our power delivery engineering team as a 2019 summer intern supporting our Distribution team. In order to qualify for the summer internship program you must be pursuing a undergraduate or masters level degree in a related engineering field with a valid drivers license and reliable transportation.
As a Distribution engineer, you can expect to:
- Apply diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices to broad variety of assignments and related fields.
- Evaluate, select, and apply standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform a task or sequence of tasks for conventional projects
- Works on small projects or portions of larger projects. Supports development of standards and engineering guidelines, conducts analysis on system performance and reliability strategy and provides recommendations.
- Leverage new technology and Smart Grid solutions to provide superior service to our customers
- Exercise project management, negotiations, performance tracking and reporting
- Communications, presentations, meetings and support
- Participate in all aspects of engineering design, permitting and construction
- Work with other departments within the organization to establish customer requirements and project costs
- Interact with customers that you encounter to ensure award-winning customer service
- Apply design skills and utilize design programs to maintain and enhance our electric grid
Job Overview Employees in the role will be provided mentoring and practical hands on experience for relevant career-related activities encountered in the student’s area of study or specialization. To be considered for this position the applicant must be actively enrolled at a college or university as a full-time student seeking a bachelor’s degree or higher. Candidate must also have a current GPA of 3.00 or higher (on a 0.00 to 4.00 scale).
Job Duties & Responsibilities • Assists department with assigned projects • Completes challenging projects and assignments • Presents final project to senior leadership at the end of the internship • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications • High School Grad / GED Preferred Qualifications • Effective Written Communications • Effective Verbal Communications
Employee Group: Non Exempt Employee Type: Intern Job Category: Intern Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Naples, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
Nearest Major Market:Naples Job Segment:Power Systems, Energy