Consumers Energy Configuration Analyst in Multiple Locations, Michigan
Join a diverse and dynamic team that makes and delivers the most valuable services in the world: electricity and natural gas. At Consumers Energy, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Our employees work around the clock to provide service to our customers in honor of our history and to fulfill our promise to Michigan - Count on Us! Consumers Energy, the principal subsidiary of CMS Energy and headquartered in Jackson, Michigan, provides natural gas and electricity to nearly 6.8 million of Michigan's 10 million residents in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties.
The role of the Configuration Analyst includes planning, monitoring, and recording IT assets and configuration record to ensure compliance, completeness, and correctness. The individual will assist in forming actionable strategies to meet Consumers Energy IT & BP vision. This role will also partner with the Asset Management team to develop new procedures for overseeing quality and control of assets throughout their lifecycles.
This role will also require creation and implementation of a Dashboard that reflect the visual performance of Assets and Cofiguration Items in relations to ITIL core proceses. The Configuration Analyst will oversee the execution and adherence to governing processes, investigation of any reported or defined gaps, and management of corrective actions.
The Configuration Analyst will own development, implementation, and continiuos improvement of an ITSM dashboard via ServiceNow which will represent all ITSM managed processes to include the CMDB, Incident, Problem, Change, etc
- Manage Configuration Management Database
• Define Vision and Strategy
• Define CMDB Structure
• Determine CI Selection Guidelines
• Define CMDB Standards & Processes
• Define Audit Criteria
• Baseline CMDB
• Design ServiceNow Solutions & Process
Manage CMDB Quality & Integrity
Create Configuration Management process & KPI's
Create Configuration Management Performance Reporting
Define Verification and Audit Process
Respond to Audit & Compliance deficiencies
Initiate Corrective CMDB Action
Execute Corrective Action
Manage day-to-day activities required to maintain CMDB
• Engage cross-functional team Gathering and reporting on process metrics.
• Tracking compliance to the process.
• Agreeing and defining the service assets that will be treated as configuration items.
• Defining the structure of the configuration management system, including CI types, naming conventions, attributes and relationships.
• Ensuring the integrity of the configuration management system, including the CI data model and relationships.
• Defining and coordinating Configuration Analyst activities and responsibilities.
• Planning and managing support for Configuration Management tools and processes
- Contiuious Service Improvement
• ITIL Dashboard Management
• Process Simplification and Automation
• Agile Delivery
• Machine Learning Capabilities
• Predictive Data Analytics
• Introduce Self-Healinig actions (Automation)
• Define integration strategy to optimize CMDB usage (i.e. with App-Dynamics, Moogsoft, Solarwinds)
- Manage and Maintain
• Professionally exercise discretion and independent judgment in day-to-day work. Compliance with all processes, procedures, and standards applicable to the position including (but not limited to): SSAE16 SOC 1 (Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements No. 16 Service Organization Controls 1) , CIP (Critical Infrastructure Protection), Change Management, Tariff (Open Access Transmission, Energy and Operating Reserve Markets Tariff), FERC (Federal Energy Regulatory Commission), NERC (North American Electric Reliability Corporation), U.S. Department of Homeland Security, and NAESB (North American Energy Standards Board)
• Maintains strong relationships with Infrastructure and Applications Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Legal, partners, vendors and suppliers to ensure clear communication, quality delivery of services and the successful achievement of Consumers Energy’s financial targets and compliance requirements.
• Supports the movement across CE & CMS towards standard IT processes which minimize cost, improve service delivery, and boost effectiveness.
• Support the creation of the configuration management process inclusive of routine inventory with existing or new solutions.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
5+ years relevant work experience equivalency, desired
Four years + of recent leadership experience
Position will be filled at the appropriate salary grade based upon the skills, knowledge, and experience of the selected candidate.
All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against and will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected veteran status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.