MasTec Utility Services Operational Efficiency Manager in Morrisville, North Carolina
At MasTec you’ll be joining a family, where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, your opportunities are limitless.
In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, MasTec offers competitive pay, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 401K and employee stock discounts.
MasTec Utility Services Group is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service! Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
The role is a highly collaborative leader and strategic thinker who possesses the ability to understand business and operational needs and trends in affiliates and able to manage projects across business lines with a focus on meeting project deliverables and deadlines. Lead major process improvement projects and initiatives using the Lean Six Sigma methodology and tools to make positive and quantifiable improvements across the organization that improve outcomes, efficiency and/or savings.
• Analyze data to identify performance and process improvement opportunities.
• Facilitate the identification, analysis, development and documentation of process improvements, operational performance metrics, process control and results management identifying indicators for future improvement opportunities.
• Responsible for analyzing, tracking and publishing performance and process/quality indicators and results by constructing reports illustrative of the process trends and network performance.
• Define process flows, business rules and user requirements. Identifies process improvement training needs.
• Drive change and serve as a coach/mentor being the subject matter expert (SME) and provide leadership to drive and influence change without authority
• Create measurable, and quantifiable, process improvements with methods to sustain
A bachelor’s degree
Certified Six Sigma Black Belt and 5-8 years of process improvement experience
8 – 10 years of experience in utility construction, underground and aerial. Power distribution experience is preferred.
Business Data Analysis; Effectiveness Measurement; Six Sigma; Statistical Process Control, Quality Management, Root Cause Analysis, Benchmarking
An ability to effectively communicate Continuous Improvement strategy, plans, proposals, and results; and negotiate options at business unit and executive levels
Experience designing, implementing and leading continuous improvement projects/programs.
Masters in Business Administration
Hands-on experience using Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement methods (LEAN, TPM, Six Sigma, TQM).
Proven leadership skills to coach and lead teams to fully deliver chartered objectives and projects.
Be a self-starter with excellent organizational skills in planning and organizing to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
Demonstrated ability to work with complex cross-functional teams and projects to the successful achievement of stretch goals
Exemplary communication skills both oral and written
Strong computer skills and broad competency across the MS Office suite and related software
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, and scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This position is primarily sedentary, with some filing or lifting required. Must be able to bend and lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. The Company reserves the right to revise or change the job duties as the need arises. Management reserve
Title: Operational Efficiency Manager
Requisition ID: 32567