Southeast Connections Fitter/Fusion Operator in Moody, Alabama
Title: Fitter/Fusion Operator
Location: Moody, AL
More about this job >
Southeast Connections, LLC provides inclusive infrastructure solutions for the natural gas industry. We construct the systems and facilities to transport the nation's cleanest burning energy resource. Southeast Connections offers complete construction services that include pipeline construction, installation, maintenance, repairs, stations, facility modification and new construction. From Senior Management to the "boots on the ground", Southeast Connections, LLC is dedicated & determined to remain the industry leader and earn continued respect from clients through our professionalism.
We offer excellent compensation and industry-leading benefits, such as health, dental and vision, life insurance, STD and LTD starting on DAY 1. Eligibility for Company matching 401K benefit after 3 months.
The construction laborer performs tasks involving physical labor at highway and heavy construction projects. The position may operate a variety of hand and power tools and may clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble and debris, and remove waste materials.
• Execute job deliverables according to customer specifications and contract requirements
• Manage cost control, margin expectations, productivity, change orders and equipment reporting
• Insure all project work is compliant with installation standards and is being performed safely and correctly
• Promote and monitor the safety of team members
• Prepare sites to ensure maximum optimization of construction work procedures
• Clean debris, trash and hazardous materials from construction sites
• Dig trenches as instructed
• Assist in installing pipes and drains
• Erect temporary structures
• Place traffic signs to warn traffic of construction in process
• Clean and maintain construction equipment appropriately
• Load and unload equipment from trucks
• Fill potholes to facilitate the construction process
• Insure that all work is being done in compliance with the company’s protocols
• Train apprentices and new hires in construction labor work
• Use hand tools to cut and shape material as per instructions
• Performs OQ (Operator Qualification) tasks
• Performs plastic pipe fusion
• Insures that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed. Brings problems to the attention of the foreman
• Perform Quality Control and be able to recognize to any unsatisfactory fuses and correct these per customers procedure.
Preferred: High school diploma
Preferred: Knowledge of gas installation techniques and standards, obtains all operator qualifications as well as fusion license, has multiple years’ experience as a Laborer.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The position lifts heavy objects, walks and stands for long periods of time and performs strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
The employee lifts, pushes, pulls or carries objects; uses abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue. The position requires the ability to quickly move arms and legs. The employee must have excellent stamina.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.