Xcel Energy Contract Management Consultant - Minneapolis, MN Job in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Location(s): MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
During COVID-19 Pandemic this position may require the ability to temporarily work remote within the company service territory until company protocol dictates return to the office criteria has been met.
Provides leadership and direction, applying expert knowledge and master level construction project contract and negotiation expertise in the areas of supply, materials, equipment, supply and erect, professional services, construction services, design build, and EPC contracts. Application of this expertise extends throughout the entire thermal and renewables power generation capital projects totaling over $4 billion dollars. Provides regional/jurisdictional leadership and direction to achieve the development, implementation, and management of a fleet-wide strategy and tactical approach to support acquisition of equipment and services for capital projects. Supports fleet-wide project savings for individual and collective projects through innovative contracting strategies and through project standardization and administration of contracts through close-out and the expiration of contract warranties.
1) Applies contract knowledge, diligence and integration of all contract components and overall efficient project delivery management. Participates in the development and refining and application of the Project Delivery Contracting Strategy for complex multiple-contract projects. Participates on project teams as required to strategically plan, lead, and establishing priorities on a regular basis to project contract analysts. Manages contractor performance through the use of corporate policies and procedures.
2) Develops, implements and manages the process for standardization of the technical assumptions contained in requests for proposal, bid specifications, and specialized terms and conditions required by power generation capital projects. Drafts and assemble the entire pre-procurement package for the acquisition of services and equipment.
3) Leads negotiations for major construction and equipment purchases associated with capital projects. Reviews, analyzes, verifies and negotiates, where necessary, modification, change or additional work orders that were not part of the original contract or purchase scope. Manages contractor claims to resolution and successfully minimize overall impact to the project budget and schedule.
4) Participates in the development of fleet-wide standardization of technology and equipment specifications. Initiates ideas and produces significant cost savings by bundling or unbundling engineering, design, procurement, construction, parts inventory, procedures and training standardization.
5) Establishes and oversees the process for ensuring contractor commitments and progress milestones are tracked in accordance with contractual terms and conditions and full value to the project has been achieved. Ensure invoices are submitted with proper supporting documentation and payment is not in excess of materials delivered or value of work completed.
6) Establishes metrics for evaluating and documenting specific contractual services and supplier performance. Monitors contractor manpower, productivity and general performance of contractors. Establishes processes for reporting contractor performance information throughout the generation fleet.
7) Understands in detail and administers all project contract agreements, all contractual forms, and in particular, the underlying principles of contract law upon which they are based in collaboration with Xcel Legal. In collaboration with Risk Management, manages and defines the risk elements of the contract and assembles all necessary documentation for obtaining project specific insurance including Builders Risk and Marine Cargo as needed. Limits commercial risk and liability by ensuring all documents and notices required for contractor mobilization (Insurance, Bond, etc.) job progress and contract completion documentation (lien waivers, completion certificates, as built drawings, warranties, etc.) has been obtained and is satisfactory.
Bachelor's Degree in engineering (from an ABET accredited curriculum), business, law, or technical field or a combination (8-12 years) of education and experience and an understanding of power generation construction contracting or equivalent.
Must have strong contract negotiation and contract administration experience.
Experience in thermal and renewables power generation or similar industrial experience required.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office and ERP applications required.
Demonstrated leadership capabilities and proven performance and results.
Must have ability to travel as required to manage responsibilities across the fleet.
Job assignments and travel between regions is required.
Selection criteria may include testing and/or assessment.
References may be required.
Strongly prefer candidates with at least 10 years of relevant experience
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Generation || 42853:SC Capital Project Sourcing || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $82,700 to $117,566 per year
Click here (https://jobs.xcelenergy.com/content/Total-Rewards/?locale=en_US) to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 32744
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com