Dominion Energy Engineer II/III - Civil/Structural in MINERAL, Virginia
Engineer II/III - Civil/Structural
At Dominion Energy we love our jobs. That’s right. Love. Every day we go to work filled with passion to be excellent, to creatively problem solve and to innovate. These are exciting days for energy companies, and Dominion Energy aims to shape the future of energy in America. We are looking at all of our work with fresh eyes, retooling everything we do, in every part of the company, to operate more sustainably and to deliver energy more reliably than ever. We are looking for interesting, independent thinkers and doers who can help shape the culture of a forward-looking company that’s proud of its rich legacy. Are you a change agent? Do you think differently? Do you want to fall in love with your job? If you answered “yes,” then read on!
At this time, Dominion Energy cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position.
A Design and Project Engineer is needed to support the Subsequent License Renewal (SLR) effort at North Anna Power Station with a civil/structural engineering background to support medium to large capital projects through engineering, procurement, contract management, planning, construction, and closeout. SLR projects perform major modifications, replacements, and upgrades to existing nuclear power plant structures, systems, and components. The position will be filled at the level commensurate with the successful candidate's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Serve as a proficient member of a multi-discipline team that is preparing, reviewing and providing project and technical input to engineering design changes, specifications, calculations, analysis, research, supplier documents, and contract documents.
• Schedules and coordinates major engineering segments of complex projects to meet long range design development schedule objectives.
• Under direction of an SLR Engineering Supervisor, works independently to plan and conduct work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
• May be required to apply intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices to major projects that have significant impact on the SLR programs in varied areas and related fields.
• Devises new approaches to problems encountered and develops engineering criteria ensuring compliance with design criteria and standards.
• Provides engineering support in designated company area, or specific engineering activities supporting SLR Projects.
• At higher levels of proficiency within this classification, incumbents are expected to provide technical expertise and/or team leadership as needed.
• Assignments have clear and specified objectives and require investigation of a limited number of variables.
• May serve as a technical expert on engineering related legal and regulatory issues to outside entities.
• May require travel to vendor facilities for meetings, testing or oversight.
• Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
Cover letters are strongly encouraged.
A relocation package may be offered to the selected eligible candidate.
The company is actively seeking United States military veterans and service members who meet the qualifications outlined below.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
• Engineer II: 3+ years of relevant engineering experience (structural experience is preferred);
• Engineer III: 5+ years of relevant engineering experience (structural experience is preferred);
• Full knowledge of engineering theories and principles;
• Skilled in use of advanced techniques and modification and extension of theories, precepts and practices of the field and related sciences and disciplines;
• Strong leadership skills with proven ability to serve as team project lead;
• Strong oral and written communication skills (includes technical writing);
• Strong personal computer skills;
• Ability to think analytically and solve complex problems;
• Ability to interpret codes, regulations and practices;
• In depth knowledge of various computer applications, with the ability to manipulate personal computer applications and perform engineering calculations using applicable software programs (e.g. Excel, 2D and 3D drawing/modeling tools, etc.);
• Equally effective working independently or in team environment;
• Proven decision making skills;
• Ability to process information quickly and effectively manage multiple tasks;
• Strong planning, organizational and project management skills.
Note: A partial year of related work experience of 6 months or greater will count as one year toward the year of experience. A Master's Degree will count as one year toward the years of experience.
Military service members and veterans with ranks from E3, W1, or O1, plus the appropriate equivalent combination of education and years of experience as outlined above are encouraged to apply.
For placement of a candidate in the Engineer job series, the following criteria must be met:
Possess a 4-year Engineering degree from an ABET accredited Engineering program based on the year that the Engineering program was accredited by ABET, or
Possess a 4-year Engineering degree from an institution outside of the U.S. which is accredited through the country's own Engineering accrediting body under the Washington Accord as a full signatory, and is a degree that was recognized by the country's accrediting body on or after the date that full signatory status was achieved, or
Possess a 4-year degree in Engineering (non-ABET accredited), Physics, Chemistry, Math or Engineering Technology and a post-graduate Engineering degree from an institution where the undergraduate degree in the same Engineering discipline is ABET-accredited based on the year the Engineering program was accredited by ABET, or
Holds or has previously held a valid U.S. Professional Engineer license.
Licenses, Certifications, or Quals Description
Depending on functional responsibilities and location of position must review ANS 3.1 12/79, ANSI N18.1-1971 or ANSI/ANS 3.1-1993 and DOM-QA-1 as appropriate.
Cold Up to 25%
Energized Wires Up to 25%
Heat Up to 25%
Loud Noise Up to 25%
Office Work Environment 76 -100%
Operating Machinery Up to 25%
Outdoors Up to 25%
Radiation Up to 25%
Travel Up to 25%
No Testing Required
Certain positions at Dominion Energy may involve access to information and technology subject to export controls under U.S. law. Compliance with these export controls may result in Dominion Energy limiting its consideration of certain applicants.
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more. To learn more about our benefits, click here
Dominion Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status.
You can experience the excitement of our company – it's the difference between taking a job and starting a career.
Top 3 Reasons to Work at Dominion Energy
There are many reasons to work at Dominion Energy, but below are the top three employees have shared with us. Click on each of the links to learn more!
About Dominion Energy
I am your warm cup of coffee in the morning and I light your home at night. I am the cool breeze from your A/C on the hottest day in summer, and the red coil that heats your soup pot on a frigid winter’s day. I am sustainable, reliable and affordable.
I am not just any energy… I am Dominion Energy.
We're transforming the way we do business to build a more sustainable future for the planet, our customers, our team and our industry. We're shaping the future of energy in America.
·Headquarters: Richmond, VA
·16 states in the US
·$100 billion of assets
·Nearly $35 million in charitable contributions
·100,000+ volunteer hours recorded in the community
Our Commitment to NetZero by 2050
We’ve cut carbon emissions from our electric generation business by approximately 43% (since 2005) and methane emissions from our natural gas business by 32% (since 2010) — and. By growing wind, solar, and renewable natural gas and pursuing innovative technologies, we expect to achieve net zero emissions by 2050. We’ve also committed to reducing the emissions of our suppliers and customers — so we can all move forward together.
Nearest Major Market: Richmond
Job Segment: Construction, Civil Engineer, Nuclear Engineering, Testing, Structural Engineer, Engineering, Technology
- Dominion Energy Jobs