Dominion Energy Engineer II in MINERAL, Virginia
At Dominion Energy we love our jobs. That’s right. Love. Every day we go to work filled with passion to be excellent, to creatively problem solve and to innovate. These are exciting days for energy companies, and Dominion Energy aims to shape the future of energy in America. We are looking at all of our work with fresh eyes, retooling everything we do, in every part of the company, to operate more sustainably and to deliver energy more reliably than ever. We are looking for interesting, independent thinkers and doers who can help shape the culture of a forward-looking company that’s proud of its rich legacy. Are you a change agent? Do you think differently? Do you want to fall in love with your job? If you answered “yes,” then read on!
This position does not offer relocation assistance.
An Electrical Engineer is needed to support the Subsequent License Renewal (SLR) effort at North Anna Power Station with a electrical engineering background to support medium to large capital projects through engineering, procurement, contract management, planning, construction, and closeout. SLR projects perform major modifications, replacements, and upgrades to existing nuclear power plant structures, systems, and components.
This role is fully competent in the conventional aspects of the subject matter of Electrical Engineering.
• Second level position in the engineering series provides engineering support in designated company area, or specific engineering activities supporting SLR Projects.
• Performs and/or reviews engineering calculations, analysis, Specifications and Engineering Changes (EC).
• Provides cost analysis as needed and develops recommendations based on calculations (e.g. cost for equipment upgrade) for management review.
• Under direction of supervisor or work leader, exercises independence in evaluating, selecting and applying standard or well-defined engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
• Uses independent judgment in prioritizing and making moderately complex adaptations and modifications.
• Assignments have clear and specified objectives and require investigation of a limited number of variables.
• Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
The company is actively seeking United States military veterans and service members who meet the qualifications outlined below.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
• Must have 3 years of Electrical engineering experience.
• Must have a completed ABET accredited Electrical engineering degree (see required engineering educational criteria below).
• Knowledge of engineering theories and principles.
• Ability to interpret codes, regulations and practices.
• Equally effective working independently or in team environment.
• Proven decision-making skills.
• Ability to process information quickly and effectively manages multiple tasks.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Willing to get into the field and perform walkdowns, project management activities and support of testing and troubleshooting of plant modifications.
• Nuclear Design Engineering experience with relevant analytical capabilities
• Previously qualified or ability to qualify in the Standard Design Process, Engineering Calculations, Specifications and similar Nuclear Qualifications
• Nuclear Construction and Project Implementation experience
• Familiarity with Industrial and Mechanical systems and components
• An understanding of Engineering Specifications (Procurement, Design, Installation, etc.)
• Knowledge of NEC
• Knowledge of primary systems (NSSS) and Balance of Plant (BOP systems
• Previous 10CFR50.59 Training.
• PWR Experience is preferred.
A partial year of related work experience of 6 months or greater will count as one year toward the year of experience.
A Master's Degree will count as one year toward the years of experience.
REQUIRED ENGINEERING CRITERIA:
For placement of a candidate in the Engineer job series, the following criteria must be met:
Possess a 4-year engineering degree from an ABET accredited engineering program based on the year that the engineering program was accredited by ABET, or
Possess a 4-year engineering degree from an institution outside of the U.S. which is accredited through the country's own engineering accrediting body under the Washington Accord as a full signatory, and is a degree that was recognized by the country's accrediting body on or after the date that full signatory status was achieved, or
Possess a 4-year engineering degree from a non-ABET accredited program and a postgraduate engineering degree from an institution where the undergraduate degree in the same engineering discipline is ABET accredited based on the year the engineering program was accredited by ABET, or
Possess a 4-year degree in Physics, Chemistry, Math or Engineering Technology and a post-graduate engineering degree from an institution where the undergraduate degree in the same engineering discipline is ABET accredited based on the year the engineering program was accredited by ABET, or
Holds or has previously held a valid U.S. Professional Engineer license.
Licenses, Certifications, or Quals Description
Depending on functional responsibilities and location of position must review ANS 3.1 12/79, ANSI N18.1-1971 or ANSI/ANS 3.1-1993 and DOM-QA-1 as appropriate.
Cold Up to 25%
Energized Wires Up to 25%
Heat Up to 25%
Loud Noise Up to 25%
Office Work Environment 76 -100%
Operating Machinery Up to 25%
Outdoors Up to 25%
Radiation Up to 25%
Travel Up to 25%
Other Working Conditions
No Testing Required
Certain positions at Dominion Energy may involve access to information and technology subject to export controls under U.S. law. Compliance with these export controls may result in Dominion Energy limiting its consideration of certain applicants.
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more. To learn more about our benefits, click here
Dominion Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status.
You can experience the excitement of our company – it's the difference between taking a job and starting a career.
Top 3 Reasons to Work at Dominion Energy
1. Great Work Life Balance
2. Generous Pay and Benefits
3. Collaborative & Inclusive Culture
About Dominion Energy
I am your warm cup of coffee in the morning and I light your home at night. I am the cool breeze from your A/C on the hottest day in summer, and the red coil that heats your soup pot on a frigid winter’s day. I am sustainable, reliable and affordable.
I am not just any energy… I am Dominion Energy.
We're transforming the way we do business to build a more sustainable future for the planet, our customers, our team and our industry. We're shaping the future of energy in America.
·Headquarters: Richmond, VA
·16 states in the US
·$100 billion of assets
·Nearly $35 million in charitable contributions
·100,000+ volunteer hours recorded in the community
Nearest Major Market: Richmond
Job Segment: Engineer, Electrical, Construction, Nuclear Engineering, Nuclear, Engineering, Energy
- Dominion Energy Jobs