WEC Energy Group Senior/Principal Environmental Consultant - Remediation in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
6293BRJob Title:Senior/Principal Environmental Consultant - RemediationRequisition Number:6293BRTitle:Senior/Principal Environmental Consultant - RemediationLocation(s):WI - MilwaukeeCompany(s):WEC Business Services Summary:
WEC Business Services, a subsidiary of WEC Energy Group, is seeking a Senior/Principal Environmental Consultant - Remediation in our Milwaukee, WI location.
The Senior/Principal Environmental Consultant - Remediation is responsible for developing creative and cost effective solutions for a wide range of environmental issues. Lead projects required to implement the company's environmental strategy, advocacy, policy development, compliance programs and underlying regulatory requirements (enterprise wide or client specific), either independently or as a member of a team.
The Senior/Principal Environmental Consultant must be able to interface with all levels of management and represented personnel and be able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers, consultants and regulators. This position requires a sound overall knowledge of local, state and federal environmental regulations, and the utility industry.
Work assignments may include 24x7 coverage, including emergency response or planned off-hours work. Some travel is required.
• Manage activities and company’s position to support local, state and federal legislative and regulatory initiatives.
• Provide environmental support on medium to large projects. Develop scope, overall technical design and project estimates, issue resolution and resource management.
• Identify, implement, and maintain key performance and process metrics to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of the environmental processes, procedures, and contractors.
• Lead the design, decision making and recommendation in environmental program design discussions.
• Manage the investigation and remediation of the company’s legacy manufactured gas plant sites.
• Provide remediation support to the Facilities construction projects.
• Spill response as part of the Emergency Incident Response Team.
This position is part of the Environmental Consultant job family (Senior Environmental Consultant/ Principal Environmental Consultant) and experience will be the determining factor.
• Bachelors’ Degree in Physical Sciences, Environmental Science, or Engineering
• Minimum 5-10 years’ experience as an Environmental Consultant with demonstrated ability to perform the requirements of the position or some combination of an advanced degree in physical sciences, environmental sciences, engineering or related field and years of experience
• Strong communication and analytical skills, organizational skills, leadership qualities and overall knowledge of state and federal regulations affecting the utility industry is required
• Excellent computer skills, with working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, are essential
• 10+ years of environmental remediation experience preferred
• Manufactured gas plant investigation/remediation experience preferred
• Sediment investigation/remediation experience preferred
• Experience interacting/negotiating with state and federal regulatory agencies preferred
Interested candidates must apply online no later than the job posting expiration date.
We reserve the right to modify the application deadline or discontinue accepting applications for any position if deemed necessary.
Learn more at Careers (http://www.wecenergygroup.com/careers)
WEC Energy Group and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
EEO/AA policies and statements (http://www.wecenergygroup.com/careers/equal-employment-opportunity.htm)