We Energies Environmental Consultant - Waste Recycling & Disposal in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5716BRJob Title:Environmental Consultant - Waste Recycling & DisposalRequisition Number:5716BRTitle:Environmental Consultant - Waste Recycling & DisposalLocation(s):WI - MilwaukeeCompany(s):WEC Business Services Summary:
WEC Business Services, a subsidiary of WEC Energy Group, is seeking an Environmental Consultant - Waste Recycling & Disposal in our Milwaukee, WI location.
The Environmental Consultant - Waste Recycling & Disposal is responsible for developing creative and cost effective solutions for a wide range of environmental issues. Lead projects to implement the company's environmental strategy, advocacy, policy development, compliance programs and underlying regulatory requirements (enterprise wide or client specific), either independently or as a member of a team.
The Environmental Consultant must be able to interface with all levels of management and represented personnel and be able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers, consultants and regulators. This position requires a sound overall knowledge of local, state and federal environmental regulations, and the utility industry.
Work assignments will include periodic coverage, including emergency response or planned off-hours work. Some travel is required.
• Manage activities and company’s position to support local, state and federal legislative and regulatory initiatives.
• Provide environmental support on medium to large projects. Develop scope, overall technical design and project estimates, issue resolution and resource management.
• Identify, implement, and maintain key performance and process metrics to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of the environmental processes, procedures, and contractors.
• Lead the design, decision making and recommendation in environmental program design discussions.
• Assist Operations and other groups on proper disposal of asbestos, PCB-impacted materials, hazardous waste and universal waste.
• Spill response as part of the Emergency Incident Response Team.
• Conduct due diligence to determine potential impacts and proper soil management for Corporate projects.
• Conduct and oversee inspections of Corporate Facilities to evaluate and provide feedback on waste handling procedures.
This position is part of the Environmental Consultant job family (Environmental Consultant/ Senior Environmental Consultant). Experience will be the determining factor.
• Bachelors’ Degree in Physical Sciences, Environmental Science or Engineering
• Minimum 3 plus years as an Environmental Consultant with demonstrated ability to perform the requirements of the position or some combination of an advanced degree in physical sciences, environmental sciences, engineering or related field and years of experience.
• Strong communication and analytical skills, organizational skills, leadership qualities and overall knowledge of state and federal regulations affecting the utility industry is required
• Excellent computer skills, with working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, are essential
• PE or PG License preferred
Interested candidates must apply online no later than the job posting expiration date.
We reserve the right to modify the application deadline or discontinue accepting applications for any position if deemed necessary.
Learn more at Careers
WEC Energy Group and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
EEO/AA policies and statements