UGI Corporation Field Safety Manager in Miami, United States
When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nations premiere propane company, serving over 1.5 million residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane customers. Together, over 6,500 dedicated professionals will deliver over 1 billion gallons of propane from 1,800+ distribution points across the United States.
Are you looking for an exciting career with a nationally known company and industry leader? AmeriGas Propane, the largest distributor of propane in the United States, is searching for an energetic and safety minded person to join us as a Field Safety Manager .
At AmeriGas, our employees are the keys to our success and we are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, in addition to excellent starting pay:
• Exceptional medical, dental and prescription benefits
• 401(K) with company match
• Ability to manage your own schedule
• Generous bonus potential
• Generous paid time off (including holidays)
• Company vehicle
• Company laptop and cell phone
• Annual performance reviews and salary increases
• Propane discounts
• Career advancement
• Tuition reimbursement
The Field Safety Manager (FSM) collaborates with employees and managers across all areas of safety in order to facilitate and improve the area’s ability to meet safety and compliance standards and promote the AmeriGas Safety Beliefs & Principles. The role of the Field Safety Manager is to co-own continuous safety improvement with the District Managers and Area Directors in order to reduce and prevent occupational injuries, vehicle incidents and liability claims.
The Field Safety Manager conducts audits, provides technical and professional training for employees, and works shoulder to shoulder with area and district employees to improve the quality and consistency of safety training, standards, communications and program implementation. The position reports directly to the Regional Safety Director (RSD) with a dotted line reporting relationship to the respective Area Director. Considerable travel required – 80% - 90%, some overnight.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Working knowledge of NFPA 54 & 58, or related codes
• Knowledge of propane, or related, systems including bulk plants, installations, regulators, piping systems, dispensers, vaporizers & compliance standards
• Aptitude for computer systems, including experience in Microsoft Windows applications
• Aptitude and enthusiasm for teaching others and ability to speak on safety topics in a group setting
• Ability to obtain a CDL with HazMat Endorsement within one year of hire
Education and Experience Required:
• Propane, industrial gas, or related chemical industry work experience preferred
• Associates Degree in Safety or related discipline; or a minimum of 5 years of experience within the propane industry
• P.E.R.C. - Certified Employee Training Program
• Other industry or related training desirable
AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be willing to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. Successful applicants shall be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with AmeriGas policies. As a federal contractor that engages in safety-sensitive work, AmeriGas cannot permit employees in certain positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such positions who are actively using medical marijuana may be denied hire on that basis.