NextEra Energy Technology Manager - Data Specialization in Miami, Florida
Technology Manager - Data Specialization
Date:Oct 13, 2018
Primary Location:Miami, FL, US, 33174
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 26437
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description Smile: you’ve found us! Come join our IT customer-centric applications team in expansion. We are seeking a Technology Manager to focus on Data Science and Business Intelligence.
In this role you can expect focus on these key attributes:
- Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge in leading practices for enterprise reporting
- Negotiate requirements of solutions provided by business SMEs and client teams with a view towards expanding the generality, extensibility, scalability and maintainability of the envisioned solutions
- Assess requirements of stipulated business needs for analytic solutions against state of the art analytic methods and technologies and make recommendations with respect to the appropriate methodologies, tools and technologies to enable the solutions
- Possess and demonstrate business knowledge across customer, billing, marketing communications; utilities industry knowledge preferred
- Participate in the gathering of user requirements for reporting, with an emphasis on moving data needs away from production transactional systems
- Lead prototype and demo sessions to showcase the reporting capabilities of leading BI technologies
- Lead workshops with users to arrive at functional designs for reports and dashboards that meet their needs
- Coordinate with IT Data Lake development teams to design and implement updates and enhancements to existing platforms
Highly Desired: Experience in Mergers and Acquisitions with a focus on integrating two or more large organizations IT-wise, combining IT strategies, systems, data models
Please note, work locations available in Miami-Dade or Palm Beach County, but frequent travel required to our offices in Juno Beach and Jupiter, FL.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, click Apply Now!
Job Overview This position establishes strategy, develops business plans, and oversees and manages the design, development and implementation of technology solutions to meet business needs. Leaders in this role provide leadership and oversight to manage performance and results in one or more Information Technology (IT) disciplines. Individuals will be accountable for the reliability, performance, security, and continuity of IT systems and supported business processes.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides leadership, influence, vision, and direction to the organization to contribute to achieving the company's goals
- Works with IT leaders to develop overall IT strategy in alignment with business strategy
- Oversees value stream by focusing on cost and risks of technology portfolio to meet business needs
- Supports and fosters innovative technologies to deliver new ideas that enable business transformation
- Ensures high levels of ongoing system and application performance in production environments
- Oversees development of processes and tools to automate code releases from development to operations (DevOps)
- Attracts, develops and retains a high-performing and diverse team
- Establishes and drives technology roadmaps that align with current and future business needs
- Manages third party technical and outsourcing relationships to deliver project and operational support objectives
- Ensures technology processes are conducted in line with applicable standards and company policies
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 8+ years
Supervisor/Management Experience: 2+ years Preferred Qualifications
Bachelor's - Information Systems
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Miami, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
Nearest Major Market:Miami