NextEra Energy Sr Engineer Tech Applications - T/S in Miami, Florida
Sr Engineer Tech Applications - T/S
Date:Mar 14, 2018
Primary Location:Miami, FL, US, 33134
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 22689
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description Smile: you've found us!
In this position you will maintain and monitor the network applications, providing subject matter expertise for the GE/Alstom EMS Network Applications, specifically:
- State Estimator – to investigate bad measurements and non-convergence problems
- Contingency Analysis – to resolve discrepancies in solution and define new contingencies
- Power Flow – to answer end users questions in case of divergence and/or questionable solutions You will have at least three years of experience with Alstom EMS Network Applications.
We truly have the best team in the business. Apply today to be a part of it!
Job Overview This position is responsible for the planning, development, application architecture, engineering, implementation, and operations of grid monitoring and control systems and corresponding applications.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops systems including modifying and/or de-commissioning or commissioning the associated applications, programs, and software and ensure compliance with national/regional standards
- Supports department emerging technologies strategic opportunities and solutions through planning, development, engineering, application architecture, implementation, and operations of
- Coordinates or contributes to assigned work plans
- Executes systems planning, systems development, operational, and/or maintenance activities of the systems and applications associated with the grid monitoring and control systems and/or emerging technology
- Performs work tasks to ensure reliable performance (availability and integrity) or project delivery of systems and applications associated with grid monitoring and control systems and emerging technology
- Supports and executes the requirements of FRCC Reliability Coordinator Operations per Company /FRCC Agent Agreement
- Ensures compliance with the NERC Reliability Standards related to the System Control Center with special emphasis on availability and integrity of grid monitoring and control systems and applications
- Executes Operational Excellence goals and initiatives
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
Bachelor’s - Engineering
Experience: 5+ years Preferred Qualifications
- Certified Professional Engineer (PE)
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certified
- Six Sigma Master Black Belt
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Engineering Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Miami, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
#LI-SC1 Nearest Major Market:Miami Job Segment:Power Systems, Energy