NextEra Energy Programmer Analyst I in Miami, Florida
Programmer Analyst I
Date: Nov 16, 2022
Location(s): Miami, FL, US, 33166
Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 66917
is America’s largest electric company, providing clean, affordable, and reliable electricity to more than 12 million people in Florida. We operate one of the cleanest power generation fleets in the U.S. and our reliability is among the best in the nation. Our goal is to achieve Real Zero carbon emissions from our operations by 2045 by expanding our solar capacity, increasing battery storage and bringing new renewable energy opportunities to Florida, while improving customer affordability and reliability. Are you interested in becoming a game-changer in the energy industry? Join our world-class team today!
Position Specific Description
About This Position:
This role will be part of the Strategic Initiatives and Analytics team supporting FPL Meter Operations. In this role, the team member will be responsible for assembling large and complex data sets to identify, design, test and implement programmatic solutions which lead to operational process improvements and strong operational results. The ideal candidate will have a strong programming background and an equally strong data and process improvement background. The position will ultimately require the team member to become a subject matter expert on FPL’s metering processes and system architecture. The team member will generally work independently and work alongside analytical teams and management on a variety of complex and cross-functional initiatives. A strong bias for action and a proven track record of execution and results is expected.
• Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into operational performance, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics
• Create data tools and models for analytics which assist team members in building and optimizing our operations into an innovative industry leader
• Develop automation to operational processes which lead to increased efficiency
• Work with stakeholders including the Management, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS big data technologies
• Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
• Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management
• Root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
• Excellent written and verbal communications
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned for both blue-sky and storm support
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Six Sigma Black Belt
• Proven track record of execution and results using software and analytics
• Background in Programming, Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or other quantitative fields
• Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting and procedural languages: Python, Java, C++, R, etc.
• Strong Power BI/DAX knowledge
• Experience with AI and Machine Learning techniques
• Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
Employees in this role develop program logic for new applications or analyze and modify logic in existing applications. This role collaborates with other areas to understand requirements and drive continuous improvement.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Codes, tests, debugs, documents and implements software applications
Tests and integrates application components and analyzes requirements
Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented
Researches to develop or modify information systems
Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written
Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders
Performs other job-related duties as assigned
High School Grad / GED
Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
Experience: 2+ years
Six Sigma Master Black Belt
Six Sigma Black Belt
Six Sigma Green Belt
Six Sigma Yellow Belt
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Relocation Provided: No
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies . Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs