Eversource Energy Supervisor, Field Operations, Gas Construction in Meriden, Connecticut
Role and Scope of Position:
This position provides direct supervision of internal, external, and on call work crews. Oversees resources and personnel engaged in the operation, maintenance and construction of Eversource Energy gas distribution systems. This position is multi-faceted with responsibilities that include integrated planning and scheduling, execution of fieldwork activities, adhering to Company and regulatory rules and procedures, performance measurement, coaching, safety adherence, mentoring and various administration duties. Prepares and executes maintenance and construction activities along with coordination and schedules. Communicates with customers and community officials concerning all aspects of utility construction, operations, maintenance, and service delivery.
- Assign, direct and oversee work performed by Specialists
- Plans, organizes, and manages the Gas Maintenance and Construction field workload through accurate coordination and scheduling, with others.
- Exercises independent judgment in the supervision and oversight of in-house crews and contractors engaged in the operation, maintenance and construction of Eversource gas distribution system.
- Communicates with customers and community officials concerning all aspects of utility construction, operations, maintenance and service delivery.
- Exercises independent judgment in serving as the on-scene supervisor to outages. Responds to and classifies reported gas leaks. Ensures all engineering and gas control procedures are followed.
- Participates in the supervisory on-call rotation, which involves assigning and directing the work of unionized internal work crews.
- Ensures the safety of personnel by taking direct preventive measures, conducting effective weekly safety meetings and ensuring all related procedures, standards, rules and laws are understood and followed.
- Ensures that work performed by Specialists and internal/external crews is in accordance with appropriate Company standards and work methods including monitoring the work of Specialists and internal/external crews for a high quality of workmanship and productivity.
- Responsible for providing complete, accurate and timely work packages for work crews including required permits, dig safe authorization, drawings and other related instructions.
- Monitors current and future workload of Specialists and internal crews alike to ensure district plans and schedules maximize productivity, control costs and meet or exceeds service level agreements.
- Ensures rigorous compliance with regulatory and Company work rules and procedures.
- Initiates, and conducts investigations concerning appropriate disciplinary action for Specialists and other unionized employees when required. Understands and complies with the labor contract and works to resolve initial grievances.
- Participate in hiring panels involving the recruitment of Specialists
- Reviews and approves billing for accuracy and completeness, in accordance with contract language
- Requires knowledge of gas distribution system design, operations, maintenance, and construction principles and practices, safety standards and business processes
- Requires project and schedule management skills including computerized work and materials management and scheduling tools
- Working knowledge of the labor contracts
- Requires communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution, attention to detail, and teamwork skills
- Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Word & Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, related discipline or equivalent experience
- Five (5) or more years of experience in Gas Distribution, and/or Field Service design and/or installation, servicing customers or utility operations
- Supervisory experiencepreferred
Licenses & Certifications:
Compensation and Benefits:
Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position is $111,600 to $124,000 plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of our benefits.
This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
Work is conducted outside, in varied conditions and terrain including adverse weather conditions, and in a normal office environment. Work requires sitting, walking, standing, stair climbing, completion of paperwork, using a telephone and computer and attending meetings.
- Drives to various job site locations and customer premises to supervise work, and review or discuss construction job requirements.
- May work with computers for long periods of time during the day. Subject to shift work including weekends.
- Off-hour on-call responsibility will be required on a rotational basis.
At times, requires working long hours in response to outage situations and shift coverage requirements.
Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects :
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
- Show how employee’s work fits in
- Provide business updates, news
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Recognize good performance
- Visit crews in the field
- Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
- Provide tools, information, training
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work groups/departments
- Encourage collaboration/peers helping peers
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements and before implementing change that will affect them
- Encourage ideas
- Deliver effective, positive communications about change to your team
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully implement changes in priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
- Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer service
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs