Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association, Inc. Sr. Administrative Assistant, Accounting (IRC24987) in Meeker, Colorado
This position will be responsible for the entry of timecards into the Asset Suite system at Colowyo. In addition, the position will perform supporting accounting tasks as assigned by the Controller. The position will also provide some administrative and clerical support to the Colowyo Management team. The Colowyo Management team includes: Mine Manager, Production Manager, Maintenance Manager, HR Administrator, Controller and Health & Safety Manager. This position must promote an atmosphere of cooperation, teamwork and trust. A high level of confidentiality is required in all related duties and support for the policies/procedures of the company is a necessity.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and enter both labor work orders and other work orders in to Asset Suite as required.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of accounting strings used in Asset Suite and a basic understanding of costing.
- Generate SAS reports from Asset Suite to ensure employee hours worked are reported accurately and in a timely manner.
- Daily production timecard input in Asset Suite. Timecard entry is subject to payroll deadlines which must be met. This can, and will, require working on every other weekend to meet timecard submission deadlines for Asset Suite.
- Weekly review of timecard edits to check for reasonableness and accuracy for all timecards submitted by Colowyo employees.
- Complete understanding of Colowyo pay policies including, but not limited to, overtime pay policies, equipment upgrade pay, vacation policy, floating holiday policy, bereavement policy, Leadmen and substitute supervisor pay, shift differential, etc.
- Resolve timecard hour issues and maintain client relationships to ensure customer concerns are addressed.
- Colowyo contact point for reserving seats on the Tri-State corporate plane for travel between the various destinations served by Tri-State.
- Assist with Colowyo employee business travel arrangements.
- Project a professional company image through in-person and telephone interaction.
- Under the direction of the Mine Controller provide the following: prepare check requests; assist with monthly cost meeting preparation; coordinate all company credit card applications; assist with preparation of the Colowyo monthly operations report; other tasks as assigned.
- Administer Colowyo Safety Clothing, boot, and glasses program as follows: issue vouchers to employees, voucher tracking, process employee reimbursements, review of vendor invoices, accurate and timely payment of invoices, and respond to all vendor inquiries.
- Enter and track maintenance department tool allowances.
- Adhere to company policies, programs and procedures as well as Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP), Western Electricity Coordinating Council (WECC), Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC), and Midwest Reliability Organization (MRO) standards and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) laws and regulations.
- Safety: Maintain safety awareness and comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures to assure a safe working environment. Properly wear and care for applicable safety gear and equipment. Identify and communicate unsafe conditions to supervisor, coworkers, and the Safety functional area and correct or assist in resolving safety concerns and issues. Must understand and comply with the Clearance Procedure as applicable.
- Culture: Demonstrate behavior consistent with Tri-State's culture embodied in the Cooperative principles and spirit and core values of technical competency, respect and dignity, accountability, integrity, trustworthiness, and servant leadership to empower or otherwise enable others to optimally perform their job responsibilities. Demonstrate and promote ethics and behaviors consistent with Tri-State's culture, Board policies, and business practices. Understand and fulfill the role and responsibility for all compliance programs within the company.
- Because Tri-State is an electric utility with continuous service obligations to its customers, regular, reliable, and predictable performance of the essential functions and responsibilities is an essential function of the job.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Take an active approach to safety, understands, utilizes and enforces safe work practices and promotes safety and inspires other working with them.
- Self-motivated taking a strong leadership role in the work area and requires no supervision in core areas.
- Communicate effectively with others and provides information through clear concise verbal and written communication that enhances planning and prioritizing of tasks.
- Consistently displays positive behavior that supports the organization's goals and objectives. Seek ways to improve the operations performance.
- Highly flexible with the ability to adjust to the demands of the job, produce high quality work, and can be depended on to complete assigned tasks. Happy to take on additional responsibility with minimal supervision.
- Work effectively to promote team effectiveness and input from other team member. Able to contribute effectively as a team leader or team member.
- Actively involved in the training of others and is willing and capable of learning new skills
- Has a thorough knowledge of the mining operation and problem solving ability that enhances planning and prioritizing of daily activities.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Training:
- High School Diploma or GED.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of telephone protocols.
- Knowledge of computer programs to include but not limited to: Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook.
- Ability to type 50 wpm.
- One to three years of clerical experience.
DESIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associates or Bachelor's degree desired.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is required to sit for long periods of time and occasionally stand, walk, stoop, bend, reach above and below shoulder level and push/pull objects of varying weights, and lift up to twenty-five pounds. Incumbent is frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, talk and hear.
- Mental demands: While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is required to read, write, perform basic math, analyze data and reports, exercise judgment, develop plans, procedures and goals, and present information to others and work under pressure.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is exposed to a moderate level of noise. All of the duties are performed indoors and at a desk, operating office equipment.
This job description is not all inclusive but rather serves as a general guideline of the current needs of the position and can be modified at the discretion of management to meet current business needs. Experience and education requirements are the primary basis for awarding this position, however substitutions that are essentially equivalent may be made as they relate to the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of this position.
Job Title: Sr. Administrative Assistant, Accounting (IRC24987)
Location: Meeker, CO, US
Base Location: Colowyo Coal Mine, Meeker CO, Finance
Amount of Travel: No Travel
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran