Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association, Inc. Rangeland Management Intern (IRC24247) in Meeker, Colorado
We have a Rangeland Management Summer Intern opportunity for 2018. Students who have successfully completed three (3) years of undergraduate study towards a Bachelor's degree in Rangeland or Wildlife Management from an accredited college or university are encouraged to apply. Will consider seniors if returning to master's program in the fall.
This 2018 Summer Intern position offers students hands on opportunity to work in and learn various aspects of Tri-State's Colowyo Coal Mine ranch, hunting and farm property management functions and will assist with implementing and monitoring habitat improvements and analyze data collected to maximize benefit to all of Colowyo's ranch, hunting and farm property including the Morgan Creek Ranch, Colowyo's Ranching for Wildlife property.
Salary Grade: NB5
- Provide assistance with the following:
- Data analysis
- Browsing and forage studies
- Habitat mapping
- Weed mapping and spraying
- Property improvements including fencing and fence inventory
- Project activities include:
- Weed mapping and control spraying for the term of one (1) month.
- Improvement, field verification, habitat mapping, range monitoring and fencing and fence inventory for the term of one (1) month.
- Large mammal studies and analysis for the term of one (1) month.
- Relevant Rangeland or Wildlife Management courses including:
- Wildlife Research and Techniques
- Habitat Inventory
- Prairie Restoration
- Wildlife Management
- Principles of Soils Science
- Intro to Wildlife Management
- General Zoology
- Animal Science
- Plant Science
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, AutoCAD, Arc GIS, Adobe Acrobat.
- Effective oral and written communication skills are desired of applicants as well as organizational skills.
- Ranch background helpful.
INTERNSHIP DURATION, WORK HOURS AND WORK CONDITIONS
The duration of the summer internship will be from about the end of May until the end of August. The work schedule includes Monday through Friday, eight hours per day, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., forty-hours per week. Work involves travel and working outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Position is located near Meeker, CO at Tri-State's Colowyo Coal Mine.
Tri-State offers a competitive pay rate for this position.
To apply please go to
www.tristate.coop/careers then click on the Careers link and search for Rangeland Management Intern, IRC24247. Please attach your most recent college transcript.
Preference will be given to students who attend accredited colleges and universities in Tri-State's service territory which includes Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska and New Mexico.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Title: Rangeland Management Intern (IRC24247)
Location: Meeker, CO, US
Base Location: Colowyo Coal Mine, Meeker, CO
Amount of Travel: Up to 50%
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran