National Grid Supervisor of Aircraft Maintenance in Mattydale, New York
National Grid is hiring a Supervisor of Aircraft Maintenance for our Aviation department in Syracuse, NY.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The
pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
To lead and manage the aviation maintenance department within National Grid US. Ensure compliance with FAA regulations and that all maintenance, safety, and scheduling operations are executed satisfactorily.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
• The Supervisor of Aircraft Maintenance will always have full responsibility for maintaining the company aircraft in an airworthy condition.
• Ensure company standards of safety and quality are always realized and maintained, fostering continuous improvement.
• Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and repairs on fixed wing and helicopter. Cross trained in both types of equipment.
• Responsible for all aircraft and engine records and for compliance with all current maintenance FAA regulations and airworthiness directives and their preservation.
• Coordinate with flight operations with regard to scheduling of company aircraft for inspections, overhauls, and MEL items for accomplishment in a timely manner.
• Will act as maintenance liaison officer between the company and the FAA.
• Assure adequate staffing and training for the maintenance department. Hiring qualified contracted labor during peak maintenance events and determining labor costs.
• Responsible for maintaining a complete and current library for aircraft and components operated.
• Controls aircraft parts acquisitions, maintains inventory control program, spare parts and general supplies preservation, ordering, tracking and cost.
• Ensures that all company equipment and facilities are maintained in a serviceable, clean and safe condition.
• Highly knowledgeable and maintain the entire contents of the Operations Manual, FAR Part 145 Repair Station Manual, Training program and all Federal Aviation Regulations pertaining to company operations.
• Perform maintenance and inspection planning including: Aircraft maintenance components, inspections, and replacement limits forecasting and department planning.
a. Coordinate component overhaul work scopes & costs.
b. Procure Parts resources for best price and turn time.
c. Maintaining National Grids FAR Part 145 Repair Station airworthiness standards and procedure compliance, including Aircraft Mechanics Training Program.
• Holds an Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) certificate
• Demonstrates independent leadership skills to direct and perform hands on maintenance functions on company aircraft.
• Demonstrate the ability to inspect, troubleshoot and repair aircraft in accordance with federal regulations, National Grid company procedures and good industry standards.
• Experience managing and integrating the work of aviation maintenance services and demonstrates the ability to provide direction, the appropriate structure and effective resourcing to deliver high performance.
• Demonstrates the ability to build an independent opinion of problems and/or opportunities and design appropriate solutions.
• Demonstrate 10+ years in progressively responsible positions with practical experience within aviation and show deep understanding of aircraft maintenance issues.
o Experience and working knowledge Federal Aviation Regulation policies and procedures - Part 91, 121, 133, 135, 141, and 145.
o Examples of qualifying experience are Lead Mechanic, Accountable Manager, Supervisor.
• Committed to passionately and consistently to promote a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest, socially responsible, where differences are respected and valued, and to always do the right thing.
• Associates Degree or progressive aviation experience required.
• Helicopter and fixed wing aircraft maintenance practical experience required.
• Highly skilled avionics background, Advanced degree, and aviation safety training a plus.
• Advanced computer and digital work method experience required.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.