Ameren Substation Maintenance Engineer in Maryland Heights, Missouri
If end date is listed, the posting will come down at 12:00 am on that date:
About The Position
The Engineer is responsible for the asset management of all types of substation equipment including technical field support for maintenance, testing and repairs. The engineer is also responsible for engineering designs associated with equipment replacement where repairs are no longer economical.
Key responsibilities include:
· Provide technical support to field maintenance crews including diagnostic test selection and interpretation, determination of repair scope, and acquisition of spare parts.
· Analyze failures in order to reduce their impact on the system or predict their occurrence.
· Where repairs are no longer economical and immediate replacement is required: Prepare work orders, perform the engineering design, and secure drafting resources for replacement of the asset.
· Coordinate repair or replacement solutions with internal resources, other departments, or with outside contractors. Select either, or a blend of resources to meet time and economic constraints.
· Analyze aging infrastructure within Missouri substations and develop long term refurbishment projects. Recommend rebuild options, determine rough costs, and prioritize projects within medium to long term budgets.
· Analyze diagnostic test data in order to determine if major maintenance is necessary. Schedule and follow up with major maintenance where needed. Recommend further testing if required.
· Analyze effectiveness of both minor and major maintenance intervals and the diagnostics performed. Recommend new intervals or new diagnostic methods in order to reduce cost, improve customer reliability, or improve failure prediction. Update maintenance schedules and spare parts inventories.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university required. Bachelor of Science Degree in other engineering disciplines will be considered for applicants with five or more years of substation related experience required. Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) certification preferred. Professional Engineer (P.E.) License or commitment to actively pursue required. Experience with substation design, maintenance or relay is preferred.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate: Must have good computer skills, analytical, communication and human relation skills. Must be flexible and subject to 24-hour emergency call. Must be willing to travel within the Ameren Missouri service area.
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include candidate testing and/or an individual aptitude or skill-based assessment. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
*Technical Career Path Level depends upon applicant's credentials.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by law.
Our workforce is dedicated to keeping the lights on and the gas flowing – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. That same kind of dedication and longstanding commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion has helped us build an "All-In" supportive and accepting diverse culture where opinions are shared in an environment where all are respected and the best solutions are put into action.
Our vision is "Leading the Way to a Sustainable Energy Future" and our mission is "To Power the Quality of Life." Our company values include safety and security, integrity, respect, diversity equity and inclusion, accountability, stewardship, teamwork and a commitment to excellence. Our "All-In" culture reflects how we care, serve with passion, deliver for customers, communities and shareholders and win together.
Ameren's co-workers spend thousands of hours each year giving back to their communities. The company supports their donations of time through a Dollars for Doers program and also offers a Matching Grant program for donations made to postsecondary schools.
Ameren has an unwavering commitment to sustainability. That includes how we perform as a steward of the environment, how we manage our relationships with customers, communities and workforce and provide robust governance and oversight of our practices. We are committed to clean energy. The company has established a net-zero carbon emissions goal by 2045 across all its operations in Missouri and Illinois. In addition, Ameren laid out plans for its largest-ever expansion of clean wind and solar generation that maintains the reliability and affordability that customers have come to expect. Interim carbon emissions goals include a 50% reduction by 2030 and an 85% reduction by 2040, from 2005 levels.
St. Louis-based Ameren Corporation powers the quality of life for 2.4 million electric customers and more than 900,000 natural gas customers in a 64,000-square-mile area through its Ameren Missouri and Ameren Illinois rate-regulated utility subsidiaries. Ameren Illinois provides electric transmission and distribution service and natural gas distribution service. Ameren Missouri provides electric generation, transmission and distribution services, as well as natural gas distribution service. Ameren Transmission Company of Illinois operates a rate-regulated electric transmission business in the Midcontinent Independent System Operator, Inc. For more information, visit Ameren.com (https://c212.net/c/link/?t=0&l=en&o=3228409-1&h=4163191186&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ameren.com%2F&a=Ameren.com) , or follow us on Twitter at @AmerenCorp , Facebook.com/AmerenCorp , or LinkedIn.com/company/Ameren .
Ameren is committed to equal employment opportunities and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by applicable law.