DTE Energy Renewable Energy Plant Operator WI - DOT in Marshall, Wisconsin
Renewable Energy Plant Operator WI - DOT
Marshall, WI, US
Company: DTE Biomass Energy, Inc
Job ID: 8323
DTE is one of the nation’s largest diversified energy companies. Our electric and gas companies have fueled our customer’s homes and Michigan’s progress for more than a century. And as Michigan’s largest source of renewable energy, we’re creating a cleaner, healthier environment to power our future. We’re also serving communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy services to industries in 19 states. But we’re more than a leading energy company... and working at DTE is more than just a job. At DTE, we take great care of each other and our customers, and we use our energy to be a force for growth and prosperity in our communities. When you join us, you’ll be part of a team that welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences,and values everyone’s health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to make that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE. Together, we can achieve great things.
DTE Biomass Energy (DTEBE) develops, owns and operates renewable energy projects throughout the United States. Our company converts biogas generated at landfills and at dairy farms into clean, renewable electricity or renewable natural gas (RNG). As a leader in this industry, with more than 20 operating facilities stretching from North Carolina to California, we have the proven capabilities to help provide communities with safe, environmentally sound renewable energy. Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, DTE Biomass Energy is a wholly owned subsidiary of DTE Energy. DTEBE has an immediate opening at our facility below.
Calumet Renewables, LLC contains several renewable natural gas facilities in Manitowoc and Kewaunee Counties in WI. The plants produce RNG by puling dairy digester gas, cleaning the gas by removing H2S, Oxygen, CO2 and water and compress the gas to inject into the pipeline. Maintenance of equipment includes screw and reciprocating compressors, membrane cleaning system, natural gas dryer, flare, thermal oxidizers, chromatographs and flow meters.
This position is responsible for performing maintenance and operations for a dairy farm-based biogas to renewable natural gas (RNG) processing facility located near Grand Marsh, WI. The site consists of four anaerobic digesters and a facility that strips carbon dioxide and other constituents out of the biogas stream, creating RNG. The RNG is then compressed into CNG trailers which are trucked to a DTE owned facility outside of Manitowoc, WI, where it is decompressed and injected into an interstate pipeline.
• Conduct day-to-day operations and maintenance of the plant, which will involve working with mechanical and electrical equipment
• Maintenance of digesters (mixers, pumps, etc.), compressors, gas purification systems and pipelines
• Diagnosing and correcting adverse digester and plant conditions and malfunctions
• Respond to alarm conditions, troubleshoot and repair systems to restore operational capacity
• Adhere to company and project specific health and safety requirements, participate in monthly safety audits and inspections
• Maintain administrative records including logbook, filing system for drawings, instruction books and manuals, spare parts inventory and records
• Support, assist and direct the work of contractors on-site
• Routinely operate a motor vehicle and/or off-road vehicle on undeveloped terrain
• Will periodically travel to other DTE Wisconsin RNG facilities as needed
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record
• Knowledge of mechanical, electrical and instrument control systems including equipment such as motors, blowers, controls and pumps
• Ability to analyze problems, develop solutions and recommend sound alternatives
• Ability to work overtime including call outs outside of normal business hours, weekends and holidays
• Basic computer skills and proficiency with MS Office applications
• A technical degree in an electrical or mechanical field is preferable, or equivalent work experience with electrical and mechanical systems
• Familiar with gas compression and/or gas transportation
• Previous military experience
Employee receive a generous compensation and benefit package including:
• Competitive wages and an annual performance bonus
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• 401k with top-tier company match
• Paid time off including vacation, sick time, holidays and parental leave
• Tuition assistance
• Advancement opportunities
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The following physical demands must be met by an employee to properly perform the integral functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Successfully complete pre-employment physical including ability to utilize respiratory protection and all other safety requirements, drug screen and background check
• Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls due to regular exposure to moving mechanical parts and/or machinery
• Must be able to reach with hands and arms, and to hold objects
• Must be able to sit, stand or walk for 8-14 hour shifts, including walking long distances, up and down stairs and on uneven ground
• Must be able to work in or outdoors during all seasons including wet and/or humid conditions, and extreme cold and/or heat
• Must be able to hear conversations (in person or via 2-way radio) in noisy environments
• Must be able to frequently lift objects of up to 50 pounds in weight
• Vision requirements for this position include close, distance and peripheral vision, along with depth perception
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
• Most work is within the vicinity of a municipal solid waste disposal facility
• The employee will be required to operate and maintain a DOT regulated pipeline. Employee will be subject to random drug screening during employment per DOT PHMSA requirements.
• Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
At DTE Energy, we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome and a sense of belonging. We seek individuals with a heart for service, a passion to help our communities prosper, and ideas to help shape the future of energy. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.