Pike Corporation Engineer IV– Substation Physical – Exp. Electric Utility Substation Design in Marietta, Georgia
This is the fourth level of the Engineering classification.
Provide engineering/technical expertise to solve complex problems, and provide leadership skills to manage work in a specific area of expertise, with increased latitude for un-reviewed work. Incumbents are expected to have advanced skills and have the ability to work independently.
Please note: This electrical engineering position is in the Substation Physical Engineering group within the Transmission & Substation division of Pike Engineering. This position will work closely with clients, engineering departments, and CAD Designers in the development of High-voltage Substation Engineering Design packages for electric utility clients. See desired qualifications below.
Duties & Responsibilities With increased Latitude for Un-reviewed work, in the area of expertise will provide:
• coaches and mentors other Engineering professionals
• reviews work of subordinate Engineering professionals
• engineering/technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems
• effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities
• thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches
• continuous improvement of job-related, engineering, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance
• effective oral and written communication skills
• accurate records and files
• 8 to 12 years experience as a practicing engineer or equivalent.
• State registration as a Professional Engineer.
• Skilled in engineering theories and principles.
• Skilled in practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations.
• Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Experience in the utility industry.
• Work independently
• Customer Oriented
• Able to manage multiple tasks and provide leadership to other team members.
• Skilled in principles of project management
• NCEES and ability to become licensed in multiple states preferred.
• Experience in the electric utility industry
• 5 - 10 years of electrical utility substation design experience (as an employee, contractor, or consultant) with a working knowledge of the physical design of substations 23 kV and higher.
• Ability to design the physical layout of the substation equipment (circuit breakers, transformers, disconnect switches, bus, etc.)
• Ability to design the cable trench and conduit for the routing of cables to the substation equipment.
• Ability to complete the bill of material required for construction of the substation.
• Ability to ensure that a complete design package (drawings, bill of materials, conduit lists, construction specifications, etc.) are delivered to the customer within budget and on time.
• Working knowledge of NESC and IEEE
• Working knowledge and ability to perform:
o Grounding studies.
o Bus calculations.
o Lightning protection studies.
o Substation lighting / illumination studies.
Organization: *Pike Corporation, Inc.
Title: Engineer IV– Substation Physical – Exp. Electric Utility Substation Design
Requisition ID: 200000C1