Eversource Energy System Operations Trainer (Transmission) in Manchester, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)1.Role and Scope of Position:
This individual develops and implements Eversource transmission System Operations Training. Training includes both classroom and on-the-job training and incorporates both conceptual and hands-on instructional methods.
- Performs analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation in the context of Eversource transmission System Operations Training.
- Conducts System Operator Training program activities consistent with the Systematic Approach to Training, adult learning principles and training program policies and procedures.
- Incorporates simulation into Eversource transmission System Operations Training.
- Receives and evaluates training requests and presents to System Operations Training management.
- Evaluates procedures, practices and regulatory changes and modifies System Operations Training materials as required.
- Evaluates and recommends vendor provided training content and services.
- Represents System Operations Training at meetings, on committees and at conferences.
- Assists operations management in the coordination of response to system emergencies and participates in event review teams and incident analyses as requested by operations management.
Technical Knowledge / Skill:
- Knowledge of electric transmission system operations.
- Knowledge of functions of the various components that make up the Eversource electric transmission system.
- Thorough knowledge of electric system switching and tagging procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of Energy Management System (EMS), Dispatcher Training Simulator (DTS) and other operations support applications
- Thorough knowledge of NERC Reliability Standards, OSHA regulation and other regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of the Systematic Approach to Training.
- Knowledge of instructional design and adult learning principles.
- Familiarity with learning management systems.
- Proficient with classroom and online presentation technologies.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Read and interpret electrical schematic diagrams.
- Communicate and work effectively with personnel at various levels within Eversource, ISO-NE, ISO-NE satellites, participant companies, non-utility generators and neighboring utilities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Total of 10 years of experience including:
Eight (8) years of related experience in electric power distribution, transmission or generation.
- Four (4) years of experience as a System Operator preferred.
- One (1) year of experience as a trainer in a formalized training program preferred.
- Valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
- NERC Transmission Operator or higher certification (or must obtain within 6 months)
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects :
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs