Eversource Energy Supervisor, Grid Modernization Technology (Hybrid) in Manchester, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Supervisor, Grid Modernization is responsible for the planning and execution of the Company’s grid modernization plans with respect to the electric distribution system across the three-state service territory with a focus on the company’s Outage Management System (OMS) model management. Individual is responsible for acting as the lead subject matter expert for the OMS model management. In this role, the individual will be leading the technical design and configuration of the OMS model in order to ensure alignment with overall operational technology roadmap.
Individual will lead a team made up of internal subject matter experts and collaborate with IT, Operations, Emergency Preparedness and Engineering, to ensure successful operation of the OMS model at Eversource.
Individual will conduct industry research and explore collaboration opportunities working with peer utilities to ensure the Company is leveraging and contributing to industry best practices with respect to outage management systems. Meeting this objective will require monitoring of the cost and performance of existing products and services, scanning the technology horizon for new alternatives, meeting with other business management to understand current and emerging business needs, performing technical and business analysis on the various technology options, defining the portfolio of technologies, products and services, and communicating these results to Eversource leadership. This is a hybrid role. The first three months are full time in the office.
- Supervise cross-functional team to identify and assess new technology opportunities consistent with the Company’s objective of providing safe, reliable, and resilient energy delivery service to customers while maximizing the value of clean energy resources and supporting the Company’s goal of carbon neutrality by 2030.
- Lead the internal OMS model butler’s team to ensure the product is meeting the requirements of our business partners.
- Responsible of approving user access to the OMS model build environment system’s and ensuring appropriate access is granted in accordance with the user’s role.
- Guide development and communication of an enterprise strategic roadmap and investment plan for OMS model management across multiple states and business units.
- Supervise a team of subject matter experts to prioritize OMS model management enhancements and tasks including but not limited to the operational configurations, emergency preparedness strategy with respect to system design, functional testing and product delivery.
- Lead the multi-disciplinary technical project team through testing by prioritizing, evaluating, and approving test results.
- Collaborate with IT PMO and IT product owners to ensure successful completion of projects on time and on budget.
- Foster a highly agile team environment to continually look for ways to improve performance within the project and future enhancements
- Ensure the Company’s strategic priorities related to new technologies are responsive to industry developments and continue to maximize value over time, capturing new opportunities as they emerge.
- Work collaboratively across the organization to gain a thorough knowledge of the Company’s strengths, weaknesses and opportunities, and support the cross-functional participation in the development of strategic planning in the new and emerging technology space.
- Forecast future technology requirements based on analyses of technology trends and business requirements, and developing a technical vision that supports the Eversource business strategy
- Perform cost/benefit analyses of potential technology solutions and propose long range plans for managing and deploying telecommunications technology
- Lead efforts to engage external experts from academia and industry to gather best practices, identify new opportunities and continue to develop the Company’s use of technology to support day to day and emergency operations objectives.
- Demonstrate creative and rigorous thought leadership to identify and design opportunities to deploy technologies to advance the goals of improving operational efficiency.
- Exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills, including support for executive level reviews and approvals.
- Foster a productive, engaging and inclusive work environment in which open communication is encouraged and obstacles to open communication are addressed quickly.
- Promote and encourage a positive, cooperative and efficient work atmosphere.
- Guide direct reports when challenging situations are encountered and help them to be successful.
- Build and maintain strong relationships and communications within the leadership team to share ideas, spearhead inter-disciplinary projects and coordinate common work efforts.
- Work as a member of the Grid Modernization team to ensure the Company’s grid modernization strategic priorities are responsive to industry developments and continue to maximize value over time, capturing new opportunities as they emerge.
- Thorough understanding of electric distribution event management and how to utilize the OMS tool to efficiently process the completion of work.
- Understanding of operations within an electric distribution system control center and the utilization of operational technologies within this environment.
- Strong analytical skills including experience using qualitative tools in strategic development.
- Business development aptitude with strong presentation skills.
- Familiarity with grid modernization technologies; strong leadership skills to penetrate and work effectively throughout the organization.
- Demonstrated competency and proficiency in oral and written communications. Ideal candidate is customer driven.
- Displays initiative as a change agent with a can-do attitude; accepts responsibility and holds others accountable; participates in and facilitates team effectiveness.
- Knowledge of utility Transmission and Distribution system design, operations, maintenance, and construction principles and practices, safety standards and business processes.
- Planning and organizational skills, project and schedule management skills including computerized trouble, work and materials management and scheduling tools.
- Ability to effectively supervise and direct the work of others.
- Symbols and terminology used in civil or electronic engineering drawings.
- GIS/Cad software: Smallworld, Adele, Microstation
- Digitizing and data manipulation procedures for GIS
- Technical expertise in the use of computer software and computer systems related to AM/FM (Automated Mapping and Facility Management) GIS system development.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer relations skills
- Ability to organize, plan, and efficiently multi-task in a high-volume, high productivity environment
- Requires well-rounded understanding of the technologies, principles, and processes used in the GIS/Mapping organization
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to quantify data, and make sound decisions of goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 10 years of related electrical utility experience
- Supervisory experience is preferred
- Five (5) years of experience in Dispatch, Transmission, Distribution, Generation and/or Field Service design and/or installation, servicing customers, supervising employees and change management to improve service/performance preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The salary range for this position starts at $126,720 and the market rate is $140,800, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of benefits.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs