Eversource Energy Senior Right of Way Specialist (Hybrid) in Manchester, New Hampshire
Under minimal supervision, the role of Senior Right of Way Specialist at Eversource Energy will have the responsibility of conducting periodic reviews of system rights of way. This involves ensuring that current uses comply with established agreements with third parties and adhere to the Company's guidelines and right of way operating decisions.
This is a hybrid role. The first three months are fulltime in the office.
- Lead property negotiations for acquiring and disposing of property rights as needed.
- Provide robust ROW project support for the Company’s capital and maintenance projects, including rights analysis, routing analysis, compiling abutters lists, coordinating with landowners, and supporting permitting processes.
- Assume the role of project manager for key initiatives, demonstrating leadership and strategic planning skills.
- Coordinate and oversee the efforts and contracts of external vendors, engineers, and surveyors, ensuring quality and efficiency.
- Evaluate land use notifications to determine their impact on system rights of ways.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for RE/ROW in system projects, providing critical insights and direction.
- Conduct comprehensive internal record research and external registry and municipal research.
- Conduct rights assessments, identify discrepancies in records, gaps in rights, and establish project permit requirements.
- Proactively identify, prioritize, negotiate, and resolve encroachment, trespass, and land use conflicts within Eversource's rights of way.
- Identify, prioritize, negotiate, and resolve encroachment issues, trespass issues, and compliance and safety concerns.
- Collaborate with the legal department to interpret property rights and develop resolutions for complex land use conflicts or projects.
- Research title abstracts, deeds, and other relevant data to determine title, boundaries, and rights.
- Coordinate work activities to support system projects as necessary.
- Draft licenses, permits, JUAs, easements, leases, deeds, and other agreements as required.
- Maintain and update the Company’s records and database, ensuring accuracy and accessibility.
- Perform property analysis and coordinate reviews of property appraisals to assess property values.
- Provide technical support and assistance to operational areas concerning ROW land management, ensuring compliance with use guidelines and ROW operating decisions.
- Manage vendor relationships and performance as needed, including RFP, contract review and invoice approval.
- Strong knowledge of Right of Way Land Management Principles
- Proficiency in interpreting registry land records, survey plans and engineered R/W plans.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and negotiation skills.
- Must be proficient in critical thinking, problem solving and reasoning.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with others as well as independently.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Five (5) plus years of Right of Way Management, Property Management and/or Real Estate Law.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Work is conducted in an office setting as well as in the field.
- This job requires site inspections in the Transmission and Distribution Right of Way corridors and construction sites on foot, by vehicle and/ or helicopter.
- This job requires meetings with abutters and landowners in the field and trips to the registry and Municipal offices.
- This work may require attendance to occasional night meetings at various locations as requested or assigned.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position is $103,000 - $115,000 plus incentive, based on experience. A comprehensive benefits overview available on the Eversource career site.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs