Eversource Energy Senior Project Planner & Scheduler (Hybrid) in Manchester, New Hampshire
We have an exciting opportunity to join ourTransmission Project Controls teamas a Senior Project Planner & Scheduler located in Manchester, NH. (Multiple openings)
As the Senior Project Planner and Scheduler, the primary focus will be supporting the Transmission Organization: Capital Projects, Maintenance Projects, and Distribution Projects managed by Transmission across the Eversource projects portfolio.
You will complete complex tasks associated with establishing, maintaining, analyzing, and reporting of costs and schedule dates associated with projects activities contained in the overall project schedules.
In addition, the Senior Project Planner & Scheduler is responsible for obtaining and providing information as well as implementing recommendations to meet project goals and positively influence project direction.
In addition, the successful candidate will assist project managers, project team stakeholders and Transmission and Engineering Controls and Contracts in determining engineering and construction resource solutions for meeting project cost and schedule objectives. Experience to apply project management theories and methodologies and utilize a variety of related project control tools.
- Maintain and manager Project Schedules from initiation through closeout that primarily support the Transmission Organization: Capital Projects, Maintenance Projects and Distribution Projects managed by Transmission.
- Support and collaborate with different internal organizations (Project Management, Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Permitting, etc.) by having properly Resource Loaded schedules, with reflective logic and duration that will inform about resources over allocation, under absorption, ability to move forward in the project due to internal / external constraints.
- Develop, maintain, analyze, and manage project activities and resources to the level necessary to support project and department requirements and needs.
- Establish, monitor, and report on baselines for cost and schedule.
- Provide internal and external engineering and construction resource solutions for meeting project objectives.
- Identify internal and external engineering and construction resources in the schedule and any engineering and construction resource constraints on current projects and future demands.
- Communicate project status and resource loading with team members and management.
- Anticipate project plan changes and advise team members and management of potential project impacts, conflicts and solutions.
- Expedite project plan changes and negotiate and coordinate internal and external reallocation of engineering and construction resources to accommodate changes and conflicts.
- Evaluate key functional department forecasts to assure desired project performance results are achieved.
- Initiate actions and assist in developing alternative solutions resolving potential project impacts, resource constraints, schedule conflicts and cost overruns.
- Provide consulting and support services in the areas of project planning and scheduling, project management and project controls.
- Coordinate intra and inter departmental activities to assure adherence to schedule and established guidelines.
- Prepare and facilitate weekly meetings reviewing project status and identify actions to resolve project impacts and schedule conflicts.
- Possess excellent multi-tasking skills, be detail oriented, meet expectations of multiple organizations and possess the ability to understand goal-driven deliverables.
- Recommend the necessary actions to ensure that goals and targets are achieved.
- Strong communication skills and use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to inspire and guide individuals (peers and superiors) toward goal achievement; modify behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved.
- This position requires a working knowledge of project management and scheduling techniques using Primavera P6. Experience with Power BI, STORMS, Fieldnet and C2 is highly desirable.
- Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g., Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Bachelor’s degree Project Management, Construction Management, Engineering, or related discipline preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of planning and scheduling experiencerequired.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires sitting, standing, and general movement throughout the office area.
- Travel/driving will be required to Eversource office locations, project sites and contractor locations on occasion.
- Must be able to work emergency storm assignments as required.
- Our hybrid schedule is 90 days in the office and then move to hybrid flexible schedule.
Compensation and Benefits
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position is $108,000.00 - $120,000.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of our benefits. Jobs.eversource.com
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs