Eversource Energy Senior Estimator, Transmission (Hybrid) in Manchester, New Hampshire
This is a hybrid role. The first three months are full-time in the office.
Senior Estimator is responsible for developing estimates across the Eversource three-state area. Responsible for ensuring that detailed scope for major projects is identified and documented to support accurate and timely cost estimates. In addition, this position supports the evaluation of cost estimates vs. actual project costs, identifying process improvements to drive improved accuracy for cost estimates. Individual must collaborate with estimate stake holders which include System Planning, Engineering, Standards, Major Projects, Procurement, Siting, Environmental, etc. to ensure cost estimates consider the various risks and challenges experienced with constructing major projects in the electric industry.
- Development of estimates for major projects (typically over $1M).
- Support standardization of cost estimating templates across the three-state territory to ensure consistency and efficiency for developing cost estimates.
- Develop strong collaboration with discipline engineering and support services to ensure accurate and complete cost estimates.
- Identification and quantification of project risks and associated risk/contingency cost impacts and clarifications.
- Ability to present estimates to mgmt. in the review process.
- Utilize industry best practices for incorporating direct costs, indirect costs, support cost and overheads into project estimates.
- Support cost estimating tools and databases to ensure estimates are well documented and updated based on project actuals.
- Support process improvement program for tools and metrics to measure cost estimate accuracy, man-hour estimates to actuals, speed accuracy and cost to develop estimates, and ensure evolve estimate precision based on historical project estimates vs. actuals.
- Support QA/QC measures to ensure coordination and process improvement with other stakeholders including Major Projects, Engineering, Operations, etc.
- Knowledge of transmission and substation power system planning, engineering, maintenance, and operations
- Strong technical knowledge and business acumen
- Understanding of the Federal and New England Regulatory environment and the impact for the Transmission Business
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial documents
- Working knowledge of information technology and use of Eversource’s office automation and information systems
- Ability to enhance internal and external customer satisfaction
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to make formal presentations and translate technical information into terms that are meaningful to the audience
- Ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals
- Project Accounting System Knowledge (Power Plan – FSSP)
- Comprehensive Electric Industry Estimating Knowledge and Experience
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word
- Experience with an estimating system desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Project Estimating, similar discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced degree in Engineering or Business Administration preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in technical, operational, estimating or engineering aspects of the electrical utility/construction industry
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. Theannualsalary range for this positionis $114,810.00to$127,570.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of our benefits.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs