Eversource Energy Senior Engineer - Substation Design in Manchester, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! Senior Substation Engineer
Role and Scope of Position:
Senior Engineer is responsible for performing engineering assignments requiring professional mastery of subject matter and extensive experience associated with electric distribution and transmission substations. Acts as a project engineer for all substation project assignments and is accountable for leading the engineering design effort, including development of engineering solutions and ensuring quality of deliverables, managing engineering schedule, coordinating the efforts of other assigned engineering disciplines and close coordination with procurement and construction personnel. Other project specific duties include defining the concept, scope, and detailed engineering aspects of substation and switching station projects, supporting the preparation of project cost estimates and schedules, supporting the preparation of capital project budget authorization documents, and conducting engineering studies associated with the design and application of substation equipment and materials. Works closely with the Engineering Design and Drafting group to prepare, review and issue engineering drawings in support of both Capital and Expense projects. The selected candidate must possess the ability to organize engineering projects, work to a schedule and follow through on all assignments as necessary to support design through energization.
2. Essential Functions:
- Applicable experience in 13kV through 362kV substation design in accordance with associated IEEE/ANSI standards.
- Acts as a technical leader and applies standard engineering techniques and procedures on complex projects
- Provides technical guidance and leadership to other engineers to assist in the development of their technical skills.
- Fills the role of project engineer providing electrical discipline leadership, including interdisciplinary coordination and scheduling
- Ability to prioritize project work for several projects occurring concurrently under budget and time constraints.
- Collaborates with other Engineering disciplines to ensure consistency and teamwork.
- Works with System Planning to develop substation specific scope in support of system reliability solutions studies.
- Ensures that the design and specification of additions, modifications and replacements to the transmission and distribution systems are completed accurately and in accordance with internal and industry standards.
- Responsible for the development of standards, procedures, and equipment specifications.
- Actively support storm and/or emergency restoration assignments.
- The candidate must have strong command of the English language with good written and oral communication skills to work effectively with internal team members as well as external personnel
Education: Requires a BS Engineering or BS Engineering Technology
Experiences: Minimum of 5 years experience in the technical, operational, or engineering aspects of the electrical utility industry.Applicable experience in substation design in accordance with associated IEEE/ANSI standards is required.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs