Eversource Energy Lead Engineer, Telecommunications Strategy in Manchester, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
The Lead Engineer, Telecommunications Strategy position is responsible for coordinating the planning, design, development and implementation of Eversource telecommunication system which supports electric and gas utility operations in three states. The Lead Engineer, Telecommunications Strategy is responsible for ensuring that Eversource is receiving maximum business value from its investments in telecommunications technology. The Lead Engineer, Telecommunications Strategy role will assess various technology portfolios to ensure that Eversource is utilizing the right mix of products and services to meet current and anticipated business requirements. Meeting this objective will require monitoring of the cost and performance of existing products and services, scanning the technology horizon for new alternatives, meeting with other business management to understand current and emerging business needs, performing technical and business analysis on the various technology options, defining the portfolio of telecommunications technologies, products and services, and communicating these result to Eversource leadership. Individual will develop telecommunications technology deployment plans to ensure that technology portfolios are expanded, upgraded and enhanced to meet changing business requirements. The Lead Engineer, Telecommunications Strategy position will oversee the work of engineers supporting telecommunications strategy efforts.
- Guide development and communication of an enterprise strategic roadmap and investment plan for telecommunications across multiple states and businessunits.
- Ensure the Company’s telecommunications strategic priorities are responsive to industry developments and continue to maximize value over time, capturing new opportunities as they emerge.
- Work collaboratively across the organization to gain a thorough knowledge of the Company’s strengths, weaknesses and opportunities, and support the cross-functional participation in the development of telecommunications strategic planning.
- Forecast future telecommunications requirements based on analyses of technology trends and business requirements, and developing a technical vision that supports the Eversource business strategy.
- Perform cost/benefit analyses of potential telecommunications technology solutions.
- Develop long range plans for managing and deploying telecommunications technology.
- Develop plans, budgets and schedules for technology deployment projects.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Requires a comprehensive understanding of the design, specification and installation of current and emerging telecommunications systems, including fiber, microwave, radio, cellular and phone. Experience with strategic and cost benefit analysis and excellent communications and presentation skills are also required; strong analytical skills including experience using qualitative tools in strategic development; demonstrated business development aptitude with strong presentation skills; strong leadership skills to penetrate and work effectively throughout the organization; is customer driven; displays initiative as a change agent with a can-do attitude; accepts responsibility and holds others accountable; participates in and facilitates team effectiveness; assumes the role of team leader; makes sound decisions to support strategic objectives.
Education: Requires a bachelor’s degree in electrical or telecommunications engineering or related discipline. Master’s degree in engineering or MBA preferred.
Experience : A minimum of ten years of experience in the strategic planning, design and development of communications systems. Must have experience with the application of communications infrastructure to corporate infrastructure. Understanding of electric and gas utility systems is strongly preferred. Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
- Show how employee’s work fits in
- Provide business updates, news
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Recognize good performance
- Visit crews in the field
- Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
- Provide tools, information, training
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work groups/departments
- Encourage collaboration/peers helping peers
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements and before implementing change that will affect them
- Encourage ideas
- Deliver effective, positive communications about change to your team
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully implement changes in priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
- Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer service
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs