Eversource Energy Lead Engineer, Grid Modernization in Manchester, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Lead Engineer is responsible for overseeing execution of the Company’s implementation plans related to modernization of the design and operation of the Company’s electric distribution system. Individual will lead multi-disciplinary teams responsible for all phases of implementation including technology review and selection; defining project budget, scope and timeline; project management; internal and external reporting and tracking; and stakeholder engagement. Individual will also support efforts to research and develop plans for additional modernization opportunities including investigation and assessment of new tools and technologies relevant to the modernization of the electric distribution system and engagement with external counterparts, vendors, and other stakeholders to ensure the Company is leveraging and contributing to industry best practices.
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams across three states from distribution engineering, system planning, substation engineering, telecommunications engineering, standards, system operations, field operations, IT, regulatory, legal, community relations, corporate strategy and other groups to ensure effective and efficient implementation of grid modernization programs.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for grid modernization technologies such as distribution automation, DSCADA, distributed generation interconnection, energy storage, microgrids, volt/var optimization and distribution management systems.
- Coordinate review and assessment of technology options related to grid modernization, including working with internal teams to execute competitive procurement processes.
- Oversee development of project approval documentation with need statement, scope, description of technical solution, alternatives considered, risks and mitigations, budget and timeline.
- Ensure rigorous project management is exercised in implementation of all grid modernization projects, including identification and correction of any risks to schedule or budget.
- Manage all internal and external tracking and reporting requirements associated with grid modernization programs, including reporting of metrics related to the achievement of project benefits.
- Ensure the Company’s grid modernization strategic priorities are responsive to industry developments and continue to maximize value over time, capturing new opportunities as they emerge.
- Investigate new technologies and tools in the industry, and assess the relevance of and benefit to the Company’s grid modernization efforts.
- Communicate the Company’s grid modernization initiatives externally as appropriate and participate in industry forums to support the Company’s position regarding best practices in grid modernization.
- Support the specification, design, testing and development of the DMS system to ensure that functional requirements are met
- Collaborate with system operations control center and IT resources to ensure successful implementation of DMS system
- Support the specification and configuration of DMS advanced applications such as FLISR, VVO, Optimal Feeder Reconfiguration, Load and Generation Forecasting, etc…
- Thorough understanding of electrical engineering concepts such as load flow, stability voltage regulation, power factor, losses, load and generation modeling,etc.; Thorough knowledge of operational technologies such as GIS,distribution automation control systems, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems, EMS, OMS,etc.; Basic understanding of communication systems and protocols, such as DNP, used in SCADA control systems; basic understanding of an electric distribution system control center operations and the utilization of operational technologies within this environment;strong analytical skills including experience using qualitative tools in strategic development; demonstrated business development aptitude with strong presentation skills; familiarity with grid modernization technologies; strong leadership skills to penetrate and work effectively throughout the organization;demonstrated competency and proficiency in oral and written communications.Ideal candidate is customer driven; displays initiative as a change agent with a can-do attitude; accepts responsibility and holds others accountable; participates in and facilitates team effectiveness; assumes the role of team leader; and makes sound decisions to support strategic objectives.
- Requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Technology (MS in Engineering or MBA preferred)
- Minimum of eight (8) years in the technical, operational, or engineering aspects of the electrical utility industry.Supervisory experience preferred.
- Travel throughout the service territory is frequently required. Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires standing, sitting, walking, climbing stairs, and writing and typing.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and remain self-directed is required. Work includes technical writing, editing, planning, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting, analyzing, documenting, specifying, coordinating, implementing and presenting. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment.If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs