Eversource Energy IT Business Analyst in Manchester, New Hampshire
Job Description Summary:
We seek a talented Business Analyst to participate as an IT liaison with business partners and management, user groups, and development staff to document requirements used to develop and deliver new capabilities and/or enhancements to our customers.
- Facilitates meetings and communications between IT and the business.
- Elicits, analyzes and documents business and functional requirements.
- Prepares as is/to be diagrams, context diagrams, and swim lanes/business process diagrams
- Participates in RFI and RFP processes.
- Performs and documents gap analyses.
- Collaborates with UX designers responsible to help ensure a user experience to meld design with functional requirements.
- Develops use cases and user stories.
- Works withbusiness clients and 3rd party vendors to elicit requirements needed to support configuration of “software as a service” solutions.
- Develops Requirements Traceability Matrixes.
- Identifies opportunities to improve current processes.
- Presents new and existing system applications capabilities to users and “Key Decision Makers”.
- Understand technically how self-service web sites Identify business requirements and codify into well-defined specifications, stories and supporting artifacts that articulate simple, elegant solutions to consumer problems.
- Work with cross-functional teams to investigate, gather and develop detailed business requirements that effectively translate business problems into innovative and practical solutions.
- Translate business problems into project requirements and support the IT process from build to launch.
- Ability to travel within Eversource territory and to on-shore vendor partners is required (approximately 10% of time).
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Candidate must be customer focused and demonstrate knowledge of IT development and support processes; initiative; analytical reasoning; and exceptional oral/written communications skills. Candidate can speak to all levels within the organization. Candidate must show strong software development lifecycle (agile, iterative, waterfall) experience with a focus on requirements gathering. Very desirable candidates will bring applied knowledge related to the Business Analyst role on teams implementing Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions. Candidate can recommend new features or improvements to the business based on experience and best practices.
Experience with Customer service applications, such as Contact Centers, Billing, CRM, Credit and Collections, and Web used to enhance our customer experience is required. A working knowledge of requirements management tools such as HP Quality Center and Team Foundation Server is preferred.
Education: A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related discipline required.
Experience: A a minimum of (5) five years of related experience is required.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor