Eversource Energy IT Azure Security Architect in Manchester, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
The selected candidate will work as a member of the Information Technology (IT) Security & Network group as a Cloud Security Architect and is primarily responsible for the security technology and design oversight for cloud technologies. They are also responsible for providing architectural review and support for operational or maintenance initiatives or projects related to cloud products. As a team member, will assist in team and departmental improvements.
- Working in conjunction with Azure Architects, creating and setting Azure Policies, ARM templates, Helm, AKS, etc.
- Provide security architecture advice in support of application development, infrastructure, and enterprise technology projects to ensure the integrity of the Eversource cloud environments
- Identify architectural and other security risks associated with the solution, and compensating controls where necessary
- Identify any gaps in existing application security infrastructure to meet project requirements, work with the Manager(s) or Director of Corporate Information Security to identify and propose solutions
- Determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studyingarchitecture/platform;identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates
- Verifies compliance of security requirements by developing and implementing reports or testing technologies.
- Researches possible solutions and alternatives for security implementation of the project; technology applications, business process problems, technical problems, performs an analysis of alternatives, and leads the recommendation to a security solution.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other members of the Security Architecture teams.
- The SA will support other areas of IT Security & Network by providing expertise and architectural guidance for departmental projects
- Provide technical assessments of potential new IT or Security products and services
- Experience with Azure cloud implementations, both IaaS and PaaS required
- Experience working with enterprise scale Azure preferred
- Knowledge of Akamai’s security offerings preferred
- Knowledge of scripting and automation preferred
Experience implementing or designing network topologies related to cloud.
A background in information technology along with excellent interpersonal, research, analysis, and communication skills
- Must be comfortable working across business and IT domains and be able to demonstrate the ability to easily shift between technical analysis and business value discussions
- Experience working as an architect on large enterprise projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or a related technical field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of combined experience in IT security/Azure is required
Licenses & Certifications:
- AZ-900, AZ-500, or AZ-300 preferred
- Security certifications related to job functions preferred (CISSP or GIAC)
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs