Eversource Energy IT Associate Analyst, Network LAN/WAN in Manchester, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
This is an entry level position where the main role is to assist senior level staff with the design, planning, and operation of the corporate and operational data networks. This includes the configuration, installation, and management of all local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), Wi-Fi, data centers, VPN, and related network tools to support our business client’s requirements. Responsibilities include assisting with; network planning, engineering and architecture designs, implementing routers, switches, Wi-Fi equipment, and reviewing current network topologies. Troubleshooting includes assisting with network performance and the identification and resolution of hardware and software technical problems related to network equipment, and ensuring a stable network environment for all business and operational applications. Participation in IT projects intended to continually improve/upgrade the network/telecommunications infrastructure is required.
- Maintain technical knowledge in all areas of network technologies such as; routers, switches, Wi-Fi, gateways, data centers, VPN, network protocols (TCP/IP and routing protocols), network management platforms, network sniffers, and IP Telephony (VOIP).
- Assist with updating documentation for network architecture and planning the total network integration.
- Assist with evaluating complex existing networks systems and help make recommendations for resources required to maintain and/or expand service levels.
- Assist with recommending solutions to performance, tuning, and capacity issues. Provide network performance and capacity consulting for new application projects.
- Assist with acting as a consultant to provide the business with recommendations on solutions.
- Assist with monitoring the network and arranging the necessary corrective actions to ensure high quality transmission capability.
- Assist with third-party maintenance for network equipment and troubleshoots problems with department users and department LAN/WAN administrators.
- Assist with technical white papers and enterprise architecture plans for the enterprise data network environment.
- Assist with 2nd level technical support and consultation to operations, other technical services groups, support center, etc.; troubleshoot network, server, and client based communication related problems across multiple platforms.
- Assist with corporate business requirements to vendors, vendor proposals, and enterprise wide technical RFPs relating to network design and applications.
Education /Ex periences: Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs