Eversource Energy Engineer in Manchester, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
This position will support of the design, construction, maintenance and operation of Transmission Lines on the Eversource System in NH. This requires familiarity with design codes, theories, and the relevant software packages. Specific duties include: design and analysis of overhead and underground transmission lines, design of line supporting structures, foundation designs, clearance evaluations, development of documentation for regulatory and siting agencies (including drawings, reports, interrogatory responses, etc.), representation of TL&CE in industry, legal and regulatory proceedings, and other duties as required.
- Support in drafting documents for the initiation of projects including estimates, project justifications and scopes, full project initiation submittals, drawings, photographs, etc.
- Support of the design of overhead transmission lines using PLS-CADD and associated software.
- Development of siting and permitting technical details including drawings and public presentations. To be followed by support of siting in permitting in public forums representing TL&CE
- Development and oversight of design details, specifications, material lists, drawing packages to be issued for procurement of transmission materials and construction of transmission facilities.
- Support the documentation of newly constructed Transmission Line facilities.
Support of Maintenance and Operations groups at Eversource Energy:
- Support the maintenance and operation of Transmission Line facilities on the Eversource System with engineering analysis
- Review external uses of Eversource rights-of-way against Eversource Standards
- Analyze data from the field about the condition of Transmission Line Assets and provide technical guidance regarding replacement and/or remediation.
- Assist other organizations within Eversource with information and guidance regarding transmission facilities. These groups can include (but are not limited to): Plant Accounting, Transmission Asset Management, Real Estate, Legal, Regulatory Policy & Planning, Governmental Affairs, Customer Service, etc.
A Bachelor's Degree inCivil Engineeringor Mechanical Engineering is required. A Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering is strongly preferred. The position will require visits to project sites, and will require the ability to walk transmission rights of ways and enterenergized substations. A valid driver’s license is required. The successful candidate must possess excellent written and oral communications skills, strong problem solving skills, and be able to adjust to shifting priorities in a challenging work environment. Will have storm restoration and emergency assignments.
Please include a resume with your application.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs