Eversource Energy Engineer, Transmission System Planning in Manchester, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Participates in the planning, development, scheduling, and the performance of engineering assignments related to the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of gas distribution, pressure regulating systems, including standard projects. Applies engineering practices as directed by other team members. Assumes supervisory on-call assignments as required.
Supports development and maintenance of the system models for transmission studies under guidance of more senior Engineers. This includes:
Collection and review of the forecast loads to be included in the model
- Collection, modification, and review of a variety of electric system parameters including: equipment ratings, impedances, contingency sets, protection and control parameters, as well as system topology
- Collection, modification, and review of DER modeling for steady state, stability, short circuit, and EMT analyses
Assists with DER transmission system impact studies in the entire Eversource service territories. This includes:
Preparation of study scopes based on determined study assumptions
- Verification of technical information and models of DER applications according to modeling testing processes, and providing timely comments to DER customers for model updates and corrections
- Application of corporate planning standards in conjunction with any other applicable NERC, NPCC, and ISO-NE reliability standards and criteria
- Supporting solutions development to mitigate identified significant adverse impacts by testing solution alternatives as directed
- Providing support to more senior Engineers for interfacing with various ISO-NE staff, DER and Distribution System Planning, line and substation engineering, asset management, siting, environmental and permitting, operations, etc. for the determination of system impacts and proposed solutions
- Documentation of study results in study reports
- Assisting more senior Engineers for providing study updates and presenting study results to regulatory agencies, DER customers, and affected parties
Other supporting tasks include:
Study process automation for routines with transmission analysis tools.
- Clearly and effectively communicates the results of analyses both verbally and in writing
- Assists with development of training modules
- Performs an emergent storm assignment as needed during times of inclement weather or adverse system conditions
- Knowledge with power system transmission analysis tools such as PSSE, TARA, EMS, ASPEN, PSCAD, or other similar analysis software
- Knowledge of programming language such as Python
- Knowledge of new technologies including but not limited to photovoltaic solar, electric vehicles, and battery
- Knowledge of electrical theory as applied to planning an electric power supply system
- Knowledge of National, State and other planning standards and reliability criteria
- Good written and oral communication skills, including formal presentation.
- Excellent team skills
- Effective interpersonal skills, ability to develop strategic partnerships
- Ability to achieve desired results by setting high standards for self and others, and accepts responsibility for outcomes
- Baccalaureate degree in Electrical Engineering required - Electric Power Systems preferred. Advanced degrees may count towards years of experience
- 3+ years of experience. Relevant experience in planning, design, and/or operations related to transmission lines, substation facilities, with knowledge of power system planning.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs