Eversource Energy Engineer, Substation Engineering (Hybrid) in Manchester, New Hampshire
This is a hybrid role. The first three months are fulltime in the office.
Job Description Summary:
This Engineer will perform engineering assignments in support of electric substation construction projects for Transmission and Distribution. Duties include developing requirements defining the concept, scope, need and engineering & design aspects of substation projects, supporting the preparation of project cost estimates and schedules, supporting the preparation of capital project budget and authorization documents, and conducting engineering studies involving substation equipment and materials. The selected candidate must possess the ability to organize engineering projects, work to a schedule andfollow-to-completion,communicate with others effectively to lead a multi-disciplinary engineering and design team for substation projects, and use computers effectively.
- Fills the role of project engineer providing electrical discipline leadership, including interdisciplinary coordination, and scheduling of engineering activities. Collaborates with other Engineering disciplines to ensure consistency and teamwork.
- Acts as a technical leader and applies standard engineering techniques and procedures on complex projects. Ability to prioritize project work for several projects occurring concurrently under budget and time constraints.
- Responsible for the development and approval of project scopes, engineering designs, details, material ordering, and cost estimates, as necessary.
- Responsible for hiring contract engineering firms and monitoring progress and performance (Development of engineering scope of work, review of submittals, and approval of invoices).
- Collaborates with other Engineers within the department to ensure consistency and teamwork including working closely with the Design and Drafting group to prepare, review and issue engineering drawings in support of projects.
- Collaborates with other departments such as System Planning, Distributed Energy Resources, Asset Management, Project Management, Project Scheduling, Siting and Permitting, and Plant Accounting, to support project planning, technical and financial approvals, scheduling, regulatory submittals and interrogatories, and project closeout.
- Develop expertise as a Subject Matter Expert for one or more substation equipment categories which will require development and update of standard specifications, review of maintenance practices, participation in equipment failure analysis, and other duties which require in depth knowledge of the equipment.
- Responsible for the development and update of equipment specifications, participation in equipment RFP process, and review/approval of manufacturers’ drawings and documentation.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of Substation Engineering, Power Systems, or related electric utility experience is required.
- Familiarity with substation equipment such as transformers, circuit breakers, switchgear, reclosers, capacitor banks and associated controls, instrument transformers, reactors, switches, and batteries are desired.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Individual must hold a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position is $92,140.00 to $102,380.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of benefits.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs