Eversource Energy Engineer, Distribution Communications (Hybrid) in Manchester, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)In this role you will perform engineering assignments (engineering and design) in support of distribution automation projects for Eversource. In addition, you will be responsible for defining DNP points list, device polling rates, defining unsolicited events, producing device DNP templates and settings files, collaborating with Distribution Communications Engineering group to select appropriate communication medium for device deployment, evaluating new technologies that will be automated on the Distribution system.
Additional responsibilities will include being responsible for engineering solutions for each distribution device that is optimally configured to provide the data accurately and timely to support real time systems and operations. In this role you will also serve as the subject matter expert for distribution automation technologies ensuring Eversource is utilizing the right mix of products and services to meet operational requirements and collaborate with Field Communications to troubleshoot and commission new field devices connected to the electric distribution system at Eversource.
This is a hybrid role. The first three months are full time in the Office.
- Plan, coordinate, and perform engineering assignments (design and implementation) in support of wireless telecommunication systems for Eversource.
- Assigned to projects to design, implement and operate the wireless telecommunication systems to support Eversource's Electric and Gas operations.
- Provide support for field construction and maintenance of wireless telecommunication assets/infrastructure including digital microwave, mobile and fixed wireless networks, paging systems and subsystems.
- Perform modeling of wireless communication systems in company issued software to predict performance for voice and data applications.
- Contribute to the configuration and specification of wireless telecom equipment / hardware.
- Troubleshoot events on the distribution system where a field device communication is identified to have mis-operated or impacted remote operations.
- Applies a good understanding of, and compliance with, requirements and standards set forth by industry organizations and regulatory bodies such as FCC, IEEE, etc.
- Exhibits a “can-do” attitude to successfully work through issues and/or changes in priorities and work processes. Responds positively to new demands or circumstances.
- Comprehensive understanding of the design, specification, and installation of wireless telecommunications systems, such as microwave, radio, cellular and telephone.
- Basic understanding of SCADA engineering concepts, in particular DNP 3.0 protocol.
- Strong communications and presentation skills.
- Strong ability to coordinate with a team to design and build out a project.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, or related discipline required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the design, implementation and support of wireless telecommunications systems.
- Must have experience with the application of wireless telecommunications infrastructure for both voice and data applications
- Understanding of electric and gas utility systems is strongly preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position starts at $92,140.00 to $102,380, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of benefits.
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs