Eversource Energy Domain Architect, Digital Solutions in Manchester, New Hampshire
Job Description Summary:
The Domain Architect will have web/digital based business application expertise including system support and knowledge of the supporting infrastructure; e.g., network infrastructure, security requirements and rules and supporting hardware. Applicants must possess strong organizational skills, the ability to guide and mentor team members, excellent communication skills across IT and the business and the ability to forge and maintain partnerships across IT and the business. Individuals will possess sufficient versatility to be successful in a wide variety of assignments. Web based application architecture experience required.
Working knowledge of electric/gas utility industry a plus.
The Domain Architect understands the capabilities of a business application family and/or set of technologies within the web/digital business application domain and ensures that these capabilities are fully utilized and effectively optimized to make leveraging them efficient. He/she evaluates the technologies against vendor product roadmaps, competitive products, and market trends to ensure that the domain meets current and future Eversource needs.
The Domain Architect is responsible for contributing to the domain roadmap, standards and practices into the overall Enterprise Architecture as well as supporting solution development efforts guided by Solutions Architects that involve the web/digital business application domain. Efficient governance over the domain is necessary to ensure that the technologies are incorporated into solutions in compliant, standard, and supportable ways.
- Responsible for successfully applying the technology within the web/digital application domain to solve business problems in a supportable, cost effective, way.
- Understands how the web/digital application domain supports Eversource needs and assesses current capabilities and future needs to identify necessary changes to the domain technologies or practices.
- Develop guidance for incorporating the technology within the web/digital domain i nto solutions, including defined standards, reference architectures, solution guidelines and metrics.
- Define patterns and building blocks that leverage domain technologies in an optimal way.
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business needs, including those of IT.
- Define high-level migration plans to address the gaps between the current and future state, typically in sync with the IT budgeting or other capital planning processes.
- Analyze the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement. In addition, analyze the technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise as well as on the enterprise technology architecture.
- Mentor and collaborate with technical subject matter experts and EA to develop technology architecture that enables and drives new business capabilities and operating models.
- Facilitate the research, evaluation, and selection of hardware and software technology and product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations and technology platforms.
- Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures and culture) and financial impact of changes to the technology architecture.
- Participates in Eversource Enterprise Architecture processes as the expert in the web/digital application domain and works with peers to align architects.
- Incorporate domain standards, practices, guidance and roadmaps into the Eversource Architects and communicate them via architecture documents, meetings or other channels. Periodically review and maintain the accuracy of the information.
- Develop Standards, practices, roadmaps, for inclusion in the Eversource EA and for use in developing solutions leveraging the domain technology
- Provides technology consulting to solution architects and others who are using or modifying multiple domain technologies within a solution, insuring the technology operates coherently to meet overall needs.
- Effectively integrate knowledge from subject matter experts and peers from other technical areas.
Responsible for governance over solutions that leverage web/digital application domain technologies.
Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies and processing environments
- Deep knowledge of one technical domain, or experience working with multiple technical domains.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how the domains relate and can be assembled into comprehensive solutions that meet business and IT needs
- Knowledge of many, if not most, aspects of the web/digital domain architecture, including current technology and vendors, emerging capabilities, best practices and patterns, cost models, and management and operating model considerations
- Architect experience with digital business solutions hosted on MS Azure, including Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure As A Service (IaaS) and Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates
- Digital software product knowledge such as ebilling & payment solutions, Content Management Systems (CMS), and web analytics such as Adobe and Google
- Proven architectural knowledge of complex architectures with integrated components such as web services, middleware, internal and third party hosted solutions.
- Experience with Microsoft Technologies such as NET, MS SQL Server, Oracle DB, and TFS/VSTS.
- IT solutions delivery experience using agile methodologies such as Continuous Planning or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Knowledge of web services, Java EE, Akamai a plus
- Understanding and knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies
- Understanding and knowledge of IT service management (ITSM)
- Understanding and knowledge of IT standards and controls
- Ability to work effectively with business and technical roles
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, and the ability to manage smaller efforts
- Knowledge of financial models and budgeting
- Ability to balance the long-term (big picture) and short-term implications of individual decisions
- Motivated and driven by achieving long-term business outcomes
- Team player and collaborative
Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree is a plus
Three to five years in an IT Architect or Lead Subject Matter Expert role with an additional minimum of 4 years of Application Development experience working with technology or application solutions, including experience in architecture, design, implementation and support.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs