Eversource Energy Director, Safety (Gas and Process Safety) in Manchester, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
This position establishes and leads a world class safety organization at Eversource through a collaborative working relationship with line organizations and development of a culture of continuous improvement. Develops and implements plans and measures that promote safe working conditions, elimination of accidents and hazards, and an environment where safety is always practiced and ensures all work practices and processes are in compliance with federal and state regulations. Responsible for the development, coordination and supervision of safety audit programs for field operations, buildings, facilities, tools and equipment. This position oversees the development of safety training requirements and ensures all employees are provided with training applicable to their work processes. Serves as the strategic and technical Safety partner of Eversource Energy's Gas Utility team. Gas includes all Distribution and Liquid Natural Gas (LNG) field and fixed operations located within Connecticut and Massachusetts. Additionally, this position leads Process Safety Management (PSM) for the Safety Organization.
- Collaborates with and influences business leaders in the development of the corporate safety direction and implementation of safety specific strategies, action plans, policies and procedures designed to improve safety performance and drive a safety culture.
- Subject matter expert in Gas Utility and Process Safety Management (PSM) with proven ability to maintain operational compliance with federal, state, local, industry and company safety regulations and standards
- Directs the activities of the field safety staff and works closely with all operating management to ensure a safe and healthy workplace for all employees. Maintains operational compliance with federal, state, local, industry and company safety regulations and standards.
- Ensures Corporate safety programs and procedures follow OSHA and other federal and state regulations through the development and management of tracking, reporting analysis and record keeping, and the aggressive pursuit and correction of uncovered deficiencies.
- Interprets regulatory requirements and in conjunction with operating managers, determines the methods and procedures required to ensure corporate compliance.
- Partners with operational leadership to analyze data, develop improvement plans, and improve metrics by reducing operational hazards and risks.
- Oversees investigations of all work-related incidents and accidents to determine causes and implements measures to prevent recurrences. Responsible for conducting hazard analysis and event investigations and implementing defenses as identified.
- Establishes and maintains a positive relationship with regulatory authorities and represents the corporation in all safety-related legal proceedings.
- Participates in federal and state regulatory rule making processes to ensure the interests of the corporation are addressed.
- Establishes and maintains a positive relationship with union represented employees through Joint Safety Committees and interaction with Union Leadership.
- Serves as a key member of the company’s Emergency Response Program. Must be available during emergency events.
- Experience with Human Performance (HP) and integrating this into Eversource’s Safety initiatives.
- Through knowledge of safety regulations related to Process Safety Management (PSM) and the Gas Utility industry.
- Requires extensive knowledge of corporate safety programs, policies and practices, as well as in-depth understanding of OSHA regulations and requirements.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of regulatory requirements pertaining to gas (DOT and OSHA regulations).
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, management, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and research skills to define and solve problems.
- Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety, Engineering or related discipline required. MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Twelve (12) years of safety related experience, preferably managing safety programs in a gas operations environment.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs