Eversource Energy Director, DER/Demand Management, Evaluation & Regulatory in Manchester, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
Hear from our customers and employees (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMGS2g99WCQ&t=8s) on why Eversource is the #1 energy efficiency provider in the nation.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
If you’re passionate about sustainability and want to do something about it, join a team of professionals connected and motivated by this common commitment to the environment and furthering sustainability in our region.
In this leadership role, you will spearhead Demand Management initiatives including behind the meter (BTM) Storage, Demand Response, Electric Vehicle (EV) Load Management, and will be responsible for the evaluation and regulatory activities associated with their infrastructure across CT, MA and NH. This role has responsibilities pertaining to the strategy for behind the meter distributed energy resource management programs. In this role, you will help to position Eversource for the next phase of growth in clean energy within this department’s fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
As a collaborative and visionary thinker, you will lead the DER team in developing strategies for Peak Demand mitigation based on ISO/Customer/Grid Operator priorities and this requires a deep understanding of Storage, Demand Response, and other Distributed Energy Resources.
Additionally, you will serve as the primary liaison with key stakeholders such as interconnection, engineering, system planning, grid modernization, operations, and solar groups to align behind the meter distributed energy resource programs to work towards achieving demand management goals.
Reporting Manager: Eversource’s Vice President of Energy Efficiency, Demand Management & Electric Mobility
*Essential Functions: *
- Continuously review and implement governance structure related to the meter dispatchable assets.
- Educate and influence internal and external stakeholders on the ongoing evolution of behind the meter DER programs and secure institutional buy-in for changes.
- Identify and develop partnerships with key industry organizations and DER providers.
- Collaborate with other supervisors regarding energy efficiency strategy as it is impacted by federal and state energy policy, new programs and technology, database system design and customer expectations.
- Maintain an industry presence through representation and participation in industry related organizations and events.
- Contribute to Non-wires Alternatives (NWAs) analysis including data review to determine feasibility of NWAs, participation in the development of NWA sections in siting applications, help implementing NWAs, if appropriate.
- Ensure timely issuance of monthly, quarterly and annual financial and statistical reports (internal and external), in compliance with regulatory requirements and deadlines.
Oversee the development and implementation of cost-effective statistical tests and analyses for the entire portfolio of energy efficiency programs ensuring they are based on credible and transparent model methods and analyses, which includes:
Studies of energy and demand savings impacts on gas and electric energy efficiency programs
- Baseline studies of equipment, buildings and customer usage patterns
- Measuring performance of distributed generation and renewable energy projects
- Strong Business/Financial acumen and organizational leadership.
- Ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders to execute and deliver results/outcomes.
- Requires understanding of DERs and ISO, and their potential impact on the Grid.
- Nuanced understanding of the trends/implications vis-à-vis DERs and their impact on grid operations.
- Familiarity with Distributed Energy Resource Management Systems (DERMS) and the creation of Virtual Power Plants (VPPs).
- Understanding of ISO wholesale markets and interplay with utility retail demand response programs; familiarity with FERC Order 2222 and implications for retail DR programs.
- Knowledge of the evaluation and assessment of programs and projects using a wide range of analysis and impact evaluation techniques including engineering and statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of the electric and gas industry in either energy efficiency program evaluation, load forecasting, program planning and design, or engineering methodologies for evaluating energy savings.
- Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Access).
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of accounting in a highly regulated environment.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Information Technology, related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Advanced Business Degree preferred.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years related experience. Experience in the Energy, DER, Regulatory area strongly preferred
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Eversource is recognized as one of the top utilities in the country specializing in energy efficiency solutions for our customers. Our team of energy experts work with residents, businesses, designers, and contractors across New England to advance clean energy solutions. We provide our customers with the expertise necessary to improve comfort, increase business performance, and lower energy costs. We are building the region’s premier energy efficiency team and are seeking candidates from diverse backgrounds.
*Why Eversource? *
Serving more than 3.6 million electric and natural gas customers in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, and employing a workforce of more than 8,000 New Englanders, Eversource represents one unified company across three states.
The energy efficiency solutions provided by Eversource have received top honors from national organizations such as ENERGY STAR, American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy, and Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships. Come make a difference and work for an employer who is a leader in the industry. We have a great working environment, excellent compensation and benefit programs, and opportunities for growth.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment.If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs