Eversource Energy Designer A in Manchester, New Hampshire
Job Description Summary:
THIS POSITION IS ALSO BEING POSTED AT THE DESIGNER B LEVEL (R-006478); HOWEVER ONLY ONE POSITION WILL ULTIMATELY BE FILLED.
Individual performs detailed design drafting associated with the construction of or modifications to Eversource facilities.
Develops detailed designs using conventional or computer-aided techniques for incorporation on engineering drawings.
One-line metering and relaying, three-line, control schematics, switchboard and panel layout diagrams and drawings for all substation equipment and protection/control schematics including relaying, security, fire protection control, alarm reporting, metering and telemetry, transformer LTC and paralleling, capacitor control, AC and DC distribution, transient fault recording, breaker and mod control, breaker synchronizing and reclosing, and carrier/transfer trip/pilot wire and audio tone.
- Develops detailed design criteria and final design packages for projects through discussions and meetings with appropriate engineering, construction and operating personnel, other design disciplines, and appropriate outside vendors.
- Prepares conceptual designs and sketches based on field investigations, project instructions, and engineering criteria supplied by project/discipline engineers.
- Performs field surveys during the design process to verify by visual observation and measurement, the adequacy of the design as it relates to proper fit in field.
- Provides guidance, training, and direction to design drafters in the development of finished drawings.
- Performs technical calculations substantiating designs.
- Prepares, approves, and maintains bills of materials and other supporting documents associated with the design drawing development.
- Provides design services to process, review, and approve design changes to accommodate field-related problems.
- Checks and approves design drawings, calculations, specifications, bills of materials, standards, and work of others for accuracy, completion, and adherence to specified design criteria and procedures.
- Verifies and/or directs the verification of the "as-built" condition of design documents using design personnel or labor supplied by outside contractors.
- Develops and/or assists in the development of standards in accordance with industry and regulatory standards.
- Provides technical liaison with Eversource personnel in the development, processing, and incorporation of plant or field originated design changes.
- Reviews and approves vendor drawings associated with design assignments and provides for control and distribution of the same.
- Provides design input to the technical portions of specifications prepared by Engineering for construction and vendor contracts.
- Assists in evaluating bids and requests for additional equipment, materials, or services in connection with construction and vendor contracts.
- Provides design and drafting services to Engineering and Operations upon request to aid them in the preparation of federal, state, and local license submittals and other special assignments.
- Provides a processing service for the controlled distribution of project drawings, bills of materials, microfilm and facility design records.
- Working knowledge of electrical systems and components and control circuit design theory.
- Proven drafting skills necessary to develop a quality drafting product.
- Ability to apply department design/drafting standards and procedures.
- Working knowledge of all applicable industry codes and standards.
- Working knowledge of construction and shop fabrication practices.
- Ability to learn and apply computer-aided techniques for design development and drawing generation.
- Capability to effectively communicate ideas and direction, both written and orally.
- Demonstrated ability to apply theoretical knowledge of the appropriate disciplines technology, technical mathematics, and basic sciences.
Education: An Associate's degree in engineering or engineering technology, or the equivalent experience is required.
Experience: A minimum of five years of directly related drafting experience is required.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs