Eversource Energy Associate Engineer in Manchester, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Individual performs engineering functions in support of New Hampshire’s Electric System Control Center (ESCC) Operations.
- Conducts engineering analysis for the development of electric system operating procedures and guidelines.
- Performs studies in support of long term outage coordination.
- Analyzes long range construction and maintenance schedules against NERC, NPCC and ISO-NE reliability criteria.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of power system operating models and tools to ensure safe and reliable system operation.
- Develops requirements for new software applications and supports upgrades to the ESCC Energy Management System.
- Interfaces with Eversource Energy’s Transmission & Distribution Departments, ESCC participants including generators, ISO-NE and neighboring utilities.
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology is required for all levels. (A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology is preferred).
- Utility experience is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of power system operations and SCADA control centers is preferred.
- Experience withGE's (formerly ALSTOM’s) Energy Management System (EMS) and PTI’s PSS/E software packages is highly desirable.
- Individual must have strong communications and interpersonal skills, demonstrate solid problem solving skills, and possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
- The ability to pass a Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) background check is required.
- Will have storm restoration and emergency assignments.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs