Eversource Energy Associate Engineer, Grid Modernization in Manchester, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
Role and Scope of Position: Associate Engineer is responsible for directly supporting execution of the Company’s implementation plans related to modernization of the design and operation of the Company’s electric distribution system. Individual will support multi-disciplinary teams responsible for all phases of implementation including technology review and selection; defining project budget, scope and timeline; project management; internal and external reporting and tracking; and stakeholder engagement. Individual will also support efforts to research and develop plans for additional modernization opportunities including investigation and assessment of new tools and technologies relevant to the modernization of the electric distribution system.
- Support multi-disciplinary teams across three states from distribution engineering, system planning, substation engineering, telecommunications engineering, standards, system operations, field operations, IT, regulatory, legal, community relations, corporate strategy and other groups to ensure effective and efficient implementation of grid modernization programs.
- Develop expertise in grid modernization technologies such as distribution automation, DSCADA, distributed generation interconnection, energy storage, microgrids, and distribution management systems.
- Participate in review and assessment of technology options related to grid modernization, including working with internal teams to execute competitive procurement processes.
- Develop tools and methods to process and organize data from multiple sources in order to design and verify engineering models and databases.
- Work collaboratively across the organization to gain a thorough knowledge of the Company’s strengths, weaknesses and opportunities in order to support cross-functional efforts to develop and refine grid modernization strategic plans.
- Support internal and external tracking and reporting requirements associated with grid modernization programs, including reporting of metrics related to the achievement of project benefits.
- Investigate new technologies and tools in the industry, and assess the relevance of and benefit to the Company’s grid modernization efforts.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Ideal candidate is customer driven; displays initiative as a change agent with a can-do attitude; accepts responsibility and accountable; participates in and facilitates team effectiveness; demonstrated competency and proficiency in oral and written communications.
Education: Requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Technology. Courses or experience in Electric Power Systems is preferred.
Experience : This is an entry level position.
Licenses & Certifications: None.
Working Conditions: Travel throughout the service territory is frequently required. Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires standing, sitting, walking, climbing stairs, and writing and typing.
Problem Solving & Complexity: Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and remain self-directed is required. Work includes technical writing, editing, planning, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting, analyzing, documenting, specifying, coordinating, implementing and presenting. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Physical Aspects: Daily use of a computer and other office type equipment.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs