Eversource Energy Associate Distribution System Operator in Manchester, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
This position plans, coordinates, reviews switching and tagging; writing, checking and issuing clearances; monitoring of loads, emergency restoration and associated reporting for the electric distribution system within an assigned region. Coordinates the above activities with ESCC and other regions when system conditions cross jurisdictional lines.
- Analyzes trouble calls (events) and initiates corrective action with the appropriate Area Work Center function including call-out of personnel in accordance with established procedures;
- Handles corrective action as required by timing or circumstances, and informs appropriate System Personnel of problems on the assigned region's electric distribution system and associated restoration progress;
- Monitors load and voltages on circuits and substation equipment during switching and peak periods to assure loading parameters are not exceeded;
- Assists with implementing the assigned region's emergency response plan as required, and assists at Area Work Center satellites and other regional operation centers during emergency storm restoration as assigned;
- Maintains the electric model in the outage management system to reflect real-time system status;
- Individual must be able to quickly recognize emergency situations and take prompt, appropriate actions with limited or no supervision. Individual will also be required to efficiently coordinate emergency actions with other vested parties such as Federal, State, and Municipal partners along with other utilities.
- Requires a working knowledge of all transmission and distribution network equipment and vehicles, work practices and procedures, construction and material standards, as well as safety, regulatory and design codes.
- Requires a demonstrated knowledge in training and development concepts, theories, practices and principals using a Systematic Approach to Training.
- Associates degree in Engineering or related technical field or equivalent experience. Combined education and experience can be used as a substitute.
- Zero (0) to five (5) years of related electrical utility experience is required.
- Individual must be able to function under stressful emergency situations for extended periods of time;
- Thorough knowledge of the switching and tagging procedures; a thorough knowledge of Electric Distribution System operations;
- Thorough knowledge of applicable PC-based and mainframe applications;
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with various levels of the organization and others involved with Electric Operations;
- Ability to analyze electric distribution system problems and act accordingly
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must successfully pass the Pittsburgh Psychological test.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- This position will require 24/7 shift rotation coverage.
Mental Aspects :
- Must successfully pass the Pittsburgh Psychological test at the Distribution level.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires an individual who is newly hired into this position to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs