Eversource Energy Associate Designer in Manchester, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Analyze, maintain and improve GIS data. Modification to the infrastructure in the GIS includes: insertion of new infrastructure and changes to existing. Interpreting and converting Engineering drawings and Field documents into the GIS. Responding to all work order requests ensuring customer satisfaction is a high volume, high productivity environment. Completion of infrastructure changes sent on an ad-hoc electronic basis. Quality Assurance / Quality Control of off shore vendor work.
Thisposition is responsible for analyzing, maintaining, and improving GIS data. Tasks include: interpreting and converting engineering drawings and field documents into GIS, scanning, geo-referencing, digitizing and attribution. Works in GIS and database applications which model utility distribution systems.Requires understanding of functional business processes as they relate to design, construction and operations and working understanding of data attributes that support these business processes.Performs and manages QA/QC processes.
- Update and maintain land base. Insertion of new and editing of existing overhead and underground electric distribution facilities in company's Geographic Database and ensure data integrity.
- Ensure new and existing customers are connected to the correct electric source in support of our outage management system.
- Interpret and implement data from as-built, job construction sketches and or subdivision plats into standard company symbology utilizing Smallworld, ESRI, and Mobile GIS.
- Coordinate with various departments to resolve field changes and /or field-to-map discrepancies.
- Validate topology of land, electric parent/child associations, connectivity, snapping, missing features or objects, missing attributes required for the proper functioning of tracing functionality
- Analyze and interpret spatial data including but not limited to ortho-aerial imagery to ensure data integrity.
- Perform Quality Control and Quality Assurance, including circuit validation and continuity checks on all data entered into the GIS Database for data integrity.
- Work as part of a team to develop object/model requirements
- Configuration of user settings and interfaces (e.g. Smallworld Ace and style settings, ESRI settings and scripts)
- Maintain GIS interfaces/data flows such as the Oracle to Outage Management process and Work management
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency working in various GIS software applications such as Smallworld or ESRI ARCGIS.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer relations skills
- Ability to address multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to handle changing and emerging priorities
- Knowledge of utility distribution systems
- Ability to organize, plan and work efficiently within a highly technical environment
- Ability to read and interpret Road/Development site plans, as well as mapping coordinates and symbols
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to quantify data, and make sound decisions
Education : An Associates degree in GIS or relatedfield
Experience : A minimum of two years of experience in the GIS field
Please include a resume with your application
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs