Eversource Energy Analyst, Budget in Manchester, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
Under some direction, assist specific business areas in the development of detailed O&M and capital budgets and provides general financial support to those assigned business areas.
Works with the Accounting Department to provide financial support, analysis and consultation for the production of monthly, quarterly and annual reports concerning budget variances for their assigned business area. Throughout the year, this position will assist with re-forecasting O&M and capital budgets based on year-to-date results and other financial information. Additional responsibilities will include financial assessment of various projects, net present value analysis and assisting the business area with preparation of capital project authorizations. The position will also involve some accounting work and allocating vendor invoices to various cost areas.
- Assists in the development of the annual area O&M and capital budgets for assigned business areas.
- Assists in Eversource Corporate O&M and capital planning and reporting activities. Perform budget re-forecasts.
- Assesses performance against plans and coordinate the tracking of individual project spending with the operating areas.
- Supports the analysis of various Company initiatives and their impact on the Company’s and operating area’s financial position.
- Provides financial support consultation to business area managers in their assessment of strategic initiatives and the financial implications of budgeting decisions on business unit performance objectives
- Requires solid working knowledge of financial, accounting and regulatory rules and regulations and the ability to apply this knowledge to detailed financial analyses.
- Requires understanding of Eversource operating structure and an ability to understand and apply the impact of financial decisions on Eversource.
- Requires solid analytical, written and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, related discipline or equivalent experience.
- An advanced degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years related work involving extensive exposure to financial analysis or accounting.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment.
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects :
Work includes analyzing, planning, organizing, evaluating and documenting. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is frequently performed under time pressure while involving significant business commitments.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment.If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs