Eversource Energy Engineering Technician, LNG Instruments & Controls in Ludlow, Massachusetts
The LNG Instrument and Controls Engineering Technician will support the safe, reliable and efficient operation of multiple LNG facilities by performing day-to-day and project related instrument and controls maintenance and commissioning functions.
The LNG Instrument and Controls Engineering Technician will perform testing, commissioning, maintenance, troubleshooting and calibrations of all instrumentation equipment located at the facilities in accordance with the needs of the facilities and under the direction of the LNG organization's management group. The LNG Instrument and Controls Engineering Technician will also perform preventative maintenance activities for all instrumentation systems and equipment, ensuring proper documentation of all work performed. The LNG Instrument and Controls Engineering Technician will need to be familiar with and address maintenance issues, with plant electrical systems up to 480V, DCS, SIS and PLC based controls systems, pneumatic controls, become knowledgeable in the electrical installation requirements required by the NEC Article 500 and become familiar with the different process systems related to LNG and LPG facilities.
This position will be based out of the Hopkinton area and be required to report to the LNG and LPG facilities throughout Massachusetts and occasionally Connecticut as required to support the different plant operations groups or projects.
The LNG Instrument and Controls Engineering Technician will be expected to work and think independently, solve complex problems, have a high degree of ownership. The job will be hands on with tools, required to work long hours and some nights and weekends as necessary to support plant operations. The position is multi-faceted with responsibilities that will vary dependent on project or plants' needs.
- Support all Eversource Safety and Environmental initiatives.
- Ensure Eversource corporate requirements and policies are followed.
- Communicate effectively with plant supervision, coworkers, maintenance department, engineering departments, and outside contractors, as required.
- Assist in abnormal requests/repairs or emergency response after hours on an as-needed basis.
- Support plant electrical needs up to 480V.
- Apply approved standards, procedures, and schedules to ensure the reliability and integrity of instrumentation plant components.
- Maintain and troubleshoot all instrumentation.
- Perform instrument, gas chromatography, and controls corrective and preventive maintenance activities. Theses activates include but not limited to solving operational, maintenance, and reliability problems, troubleshooting, commissioning, repairs, modifications, and/or replacements of equipment.
- Assist with process safety management and complete documentation.
- Source and order spare instrument and electronic parts to support plant instrumentation and controls equipment.
- Develop procedures, repair plans, inspection and testing plans, and other instrumentation and controls requirements to ensure compliance with the Code of Federal Regulations and other regulatory requirements.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and calibration activities in accordance with the Facilities' schedule.
- Maintain and follow applicable manuals, records, and reports for all instrumentation and controls equipment.
- Clean and maintain equipment, tools and general work area
- Coordinate and supervise internal and external resources necessary to ensure materials, equipment and services are available and used to support work as necessary.
- Participates in plant and project meetings, supporting the review of technical documents, provide subject matter expertise in the plants' instrumentation and controls.
- Effective communication with different groups, including operations staff, maintenance staff, engineering departments, human resources, federal, state, and local regulators, external stakeholders, and other Eversource corporate groups.
- Keep accurate equipment logs and records.
- Ability to successfully complete all company sponsored training programs.
- Ability to understand and implement maintenance procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and schematics for instrumentation systems.
- Ability to support plant electrical system up to 480V.
- Ability to understand LNG and LPG process systems.
- Ability to work with your hands and tools in a safe manner.
- Be knowledgeable with the plant specific requirements of NFPA 59A, 70A, 4 9 CFR 193, Article 500 of the NEC and other applicable codes and standards.
- Minimum of a High School diploma supplemented with specialized training in the electrical trades.
- Five years relevant experience as a journey-level instrumentation technician, including experience with electrical systems up to 480V. Must have demonstrable/verifiable knowledge of, and experience with, process plant equipment including, but not limited to, supporting DCS and PLC systems; process control logic programming; maintenance of pressure, temperature, level and flow instrumentation; supporting fire and gas detection systems; and supporting industrial ESD and interlocks.
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Facilities consist of LNG or LPG storage tanks, sendout systems, liquefaction systems, pretreatment systems and boil off gas handling.
- Working conditions are consistent with an industrial production facility that includes industrial hazards, stairs, platforms, elevated temperatures, cryogenic temperatures, high pressures, flammable gases, rotating equipment, high voltages, sensitive instrumentation, and outdoor conditions.
- Must be physically able to perform the required duties which include but are not limited to: climb ladders, platforms, staircases, and other physical obstacles including storage tanks (Over 120 feet high) necessary to safely navigate facilities, work in elevated and confined spaces; lifting; assist with general plant maintenance; and perform snow removal and other work in inclement weather conditions including extreme heat and cold. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs