National Grid Executive Support Analyst, Service Delivery in Los Gatos, California
National Grid is hiring for an Executive Support Analyst for our Infrastructure and Operations department in Los Gatos, CA.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
Within the Direct Support team, the Executive Support Analyst acts as the single point of contact for National Grid Executives and their assistants, providing 24x7 personalized support for IT technologies and applications used by the Executive team. This includes desktops, laptops, mobile, video and teleconferencing devices as well as answering How-To’s or any general questions regarding IT technologies. This role also involves periodic travel in supporting Executive’s off-site meetings, conferences and/or in-home configurations. If issues cannot be resolved by the Executive Support Analyst, they engage appropriate ecosystem suppliers in order to quickly and efficiently resolve outstanding issues.
The Executive Support Analyst is the Executive’s window into IT so it is paramount that they demonstrate professionalism and excellent interpersonal communication skills at all times. Their actions directly affect the perception of IS at the Executive levels.
• Demonstrated experience in configuring and troubleshooting remote connectivity (VPN) configurations on Windows and Apple devices
• Experience in configuring and resolving personal printing, video & teleconferencing services
• Experience in configuring and resolve home networking services
• Ability to travel with Executives to provide technical support as required at key Company functions
• Ability to work under situational pressure while maintaining a high degree of professionalism
• Capable of establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with external supplier personnel
• Possess the highest level of integrity and confidentiality regarding company-confidential information
• Responsible for working one-to-one with Company executives and their representatives, quickly and accurately resolving issues while instilling confidence and demonstrating a high degree of professionalism
• Provide recommendations to Executives on the best use of IT Services to meet their needs
• Configure Executive’s personal devices, including laptops, desktops, mobiles, video and teleconferencing devices
• Take ownership of all hardware and software issues identified by the Executive and effectively communicate status on a regular basis
• Travel with Executives to off-site meetings and/or conferences, providing personal support throughout the event
• Coordinate internal office moves for Executives
• Provide well-articulated, business-oriented responses to Executive queries regarding IT within their areas of expertise and solicit answers from others as necessary
• Provide off-hours support within a team rotation
• Responsible for maintaining positive working relationships with all IT ecosystem supplier support personnel in order to foster a collaborative environment
• Troubleshoot, diagnose and apply logical solutions to resolve problems pertaining to personal devices, network connectivity, printing and application usage for the Executive team
• Efficiently utilize standard support tools and systems in order to quickly resolve issues
• Responsible for building a positive working team environment in which diverse staff feel committed to the business and the team are able to fully contribute
• Responsible for professionally dispatching work to suppliers for resolution where appropriate and following up to ensure completeness of tasks.
• Responsible for ensuring incidents are electronically logged to ensure activities can be analyzed and reported by the IT organization.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Highly developed problem solving skills
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
Develops and maintains successful working relationships with stakeholders at all levels across National Grid IS and responsible business area.
Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to analyze complex business problems, formulate & support delivery of appropriate solutions whilst maintaining customer satisfaction.
Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with staff and managers at all levels across National Grid and partner organizations.
• 5 years of extensive experience in detailed technical support of Windows and Apple iOS operating systems as well as working knowledge of Microsoft’s Active Directory
• 2+ years of experience in configuring and troubleshooting remote connectivity configurations on Windows and Apple devices
• Working knowledge of the integration of user attributes between Microsoft’s Active Directory and Exchange email systems
• Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Desirable: ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) and ServiceNow Certification
• Broad process and technical knowledge encompassing Process improvements, Automation, Self-Service, Ticket avoidance / reduction / elimination and Root cause analysis.
• Experience in being in full control of the customer’s experience
• Experience within improving End User productivity.
• Exceptionally skilled at analyzing and resolving simple-to-complex user devices issues on Windows 7 and Apple iOS (iPad, iPhone, MAC Book)
• Ability to determine specific Microsoft Active Directory entries that will resolve complex technical issues affecting user devices
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.