Avangrid Plant Technician I - Renewables Roaring Brook in Little Falls, New York
Plant Technician I - Renewables Roaring Brook
Company: PPM TECHNICAL SERVICES, I
Little Falls, NY, US
Iberdrola is a global energy leader, the number one producer of wind power, and one of the world's biggest electricity utilities in terms of market capitalisation. The group supplies energy to almost 100 million people in dozens of countries including Spain, the United Kingdom (ScottishPower), the United States (AVANGRID), Brazil (Neoenergia), Mexico, Germany, Portugal, Italy and France, with a workforce of more than 35,000 people.
Iberdrola is leading the transition towards a sustainable energy model through its investments in renewable energy, smart grids, large-scale energy storage and digital transformation, to offer its customers the most advanced products and services. Thanks to its commitment to clean energy, Iberdrola is one of the companies with the lowest emissions and an international benchmark for its contribution to sustainability and the fight against climate change.
This position is responsible for the onsite operation, maintenance, repair and replacement of equipment on renewable energy generation plants, and is effective in all areas of plant operations as directed by
the Plant Manager or Supervisor.
ResponsibilitiesOperate and maintain wind turbine and solar equipment along with associated infrastructure including substation, collection and transmission systems.
• Read schematics and proficiently troubleshoot complicated mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic problems with variable pitch, variable speed control systems and components.
• Perform mechanical and electrical component repair or replacement of parts to correct malfunctions following all manufacturers' requirements.
• Comply with all project environmental health and safety programs.
• Perform preventive maintenance in accordance with OEM maintenance manuals.
• Adhere to effective internal controls.
• Perform data collection and prepare reports to meet wind plant reporting requirements.
• Perform various retrofits and design modifications.
• Perform various QA/QC functions, compile and submit supporting documents of items found.
• If applicable, support Construction in the Mechanical and Commissioning walk-downs.
• Increase professional knowledge of turbine or solar equipment, including safety regulations.
• Willing to work overtime on holidays, weekends, and on short notice participating in an on-call schedule.
• Ability and willingness to travel to other sites on short notice.
• Perform duties around low, medium and high voltage.
• Ability to work in extremely adverse weather conditions.
Skills and Requirements
Education & Experience Required:
• One-year college or technical school certificate; or 12 months of related experience or wind industry training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Familiarity with maintenance and electronic testing equipment. (i.e. voltage testers, amp clamps, oscilloscopes, megohmmeters, infrared testers, hydraulic torque equipment, alignment and various hand and power tools).
• Advanced computer skills utilizing word processing, spreadsheets, email, facility control, management and reporting systems, including the use of computerized diagnostic and troubleshooting tools.
• Ability to climb towers up to 100 meters on a daily basis to perform maintenance in the nacelle and hub.
• Ability to frequently lift items weighing up to 60 pounds and occasionally lift items up to 100 pounds.
• Ability to work with electrical wires and differentiate between color coded wires.
• Ability to interpret and follow a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Knowledge of heavy equipment required for facility maintenance with a working knowledge of crane and rigging requirements.
• Demonstrated team work, initiative and positive attitude.
• Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
• Weight must not exceed 285lbs excluding equipment/gear worn when performing job related tasks.
Develop Self & Others
Empower to grow
Collaborate and Share
Be a role model
Focus to achieve results
AVANGRID employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties.
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com