NextEra Energy Sr Wind Technician - Limon Wind in Limon, Colorado
Sr Wind Technician - Limon Wind
Date:Oct 31, 2020
Primary Location:Limon, CO, US, 80828
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 46861
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
NextEra Energy is ranked No. 1 among electric and gas utility companies in Fortune® magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies®." Join a team that’s among the very best…at NextEra Energy Resources.
Employees in this role perform maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs on wind turbines and other associated equipment. Individuals understand the mechanics, including both electrical and maintenance of hydraulics, of all wind turbine components. This position replaces mechanical and electrical components, understands schematics and uses appropriate diagnostic tools. The successful candidate will interpret fault reports, maintain power generation reports, service logs in the computer database, and monitor turbine performance and SCADA systems. Job Duties & Responsibilities
Under limited supervision:
- Performs regular preventative maintenance and repair on wind turbine power generation equipment
- Completes electrical, electronic, and mechanical troubleshooting
- Maintains all company supplied equipment, facilities, and tooling
- Applies advanced understanding of the technical and process functions including leadership competencies
- Serves as qualified reliever in the absence of site management
- Leads teams in Quality Improvement (QI) projects
- Provides oversight to other personnel and acts as a Safety Mentor
- Completes special projects or complex task assignments
- Ability to meet attendance requirements
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Experience: 5+ years
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certified
- Post-Offer Functional Capacity Eval
- Valid Driver's License (NON CDL)
- Ability to climb a wind turbine up to 300 feet
- Bachelor's Degree
Employee Group: Non Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Technicians - Wind/HV/Solar Organization: NextEra Operating Srvs Location: Limon, Colorado Other Work Locations: Colorado Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs