LG&E and KU Energy Line Technician A - Swing Shift Electric Trouble in Lexington, Kentucky
Title Line Technician A - Swing Shift Electric Trouble
Requisition ID 3579BR
Address 500 Stone Road
Company Paid Relocation - External Not Provided
Job Function Electric Distribution Maintenance & Construction
Position Purpose Perform routine construction, maintenance and repair work on high voltage electric distribution lines and equipment under direct supervision of qualified personnel.
Note: *Schedule for the position is as follows:
7–days 3pm to 11pm 3-days 7am to 3pm
Followed by 4-days off
*Shift differential and Sunday premium available for this position
Education & Experience High school diploma or equivalent.
5 or more years experience with electric line construction and maintenance.
Preferred Qualifications •Must have good mathematical, literacy and communications skills
•Must be willing to respond to storm trouble and other emergencies after hours.
•Successful applicant must be at least 20 years old or older with a valid driver’s license and be certifiable under the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations. Must qualify within a reasonable period of time for a Commercial Drivers License (Class B) with the following endorsement: air brakes.
•Must live within 25 miles of report location or be willing to relocate.
•Must be successfully recommended from EEI test
Job Description • Use of Standards, know how to perform any general construction in overhead or underground work.
• Must be proficient in climbing and handling self on a utility pole.
• Must be skilled in installing conductors in overhead and underground.
• Proficient in the use of hot sticks and cover-up equipment.
• Know the proper grounding procedures for overhead and underground circuits.
• Proficient in the use of bucket and derrick trucks and safety procedures associated with their use.
• Know how to install and hook-up transformer banks (ALL).
a. Knowledge of transformer fusing charts.
b. Must be able to read voltmeter, amp meters, and rotation meters.
c. Know proper riser wire size for each type bank.
• Know how to install a three phase underground transformer.
• Know how to install and hook-up various capacitors.
• Know how to install and hook-up air brake switches and sectionalizers.
• Know proper procedures for installing services and meters.
• Know how to do distribution switching under the direction of company dispatch.
• Ability to read engineering prints.
• Be able to perform incidental transmission work and know the proper grounding procedures for transmission work.
• Read and know company safety rules.
a. Pole-top resuscitation and safe method of lowering a person to the ground.
b. Know the use and care of rubber goods to be used in energized work. Personal protective equipment.
c. Proper inspection of pole before climbing.
• Proper care and use of hooks, gaffs, and body belt.
Work Conditions Exposure to heat, cold, wind, rain, etc. as well as exposure to loud noises and traffic. Frequent driving, climbing, and walking.
Physical Effort Must be able to lift 50 lbs. from the ground to the height of 30 inches and from waist level to chest on a daily basis; Typical equipment/materials that must be lifted includes but is not limited to coils of cable; Able to climb up and down stairs and vertical ladders unassisted on a daily basis; Perform hand manipulations extended from your body and near floor level for extended periods of time on a routine basis
Equal Opportunity Employer
Louisville Gas & Electric and Kentucky Utilities (LG&E and KU) is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace.
© LG&E and KU
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, perceived disability or any other protected characteristic as may be defined by applicable law.
Learn more about equal employment protections:
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our Human Resources department ator call 502-627-2410, and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and phone number.